HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
06-02-2009 06:20 AM
My Pavilion dv4t - 1000 Laptop Hangs or Stops Responding at the HP Logo During Startup or Boot. It beeps 6-13 times and stops responding.
If I press Esc or all the keys of the keyboard then the windows logo appear. I have Windows Vista X64 bit Home Premium Sp1 installed.
Once the laptop boots and after I login after a brief interval, my keyboard either stops responding or it behaves weird. It behaves as if Ctrl or Alt or Windows is pressed. If again I press all the keys of keyboard, it starts functioning well.
I tried using HP online support once but did not succeed in solving my problem. They asked me to follow "Computer Hangs or Stops Responding at the Compaq or HP Logo During Startup or Boot"
I have tried it but no success.
Does anyone have solution or I need to take it to the service center?
10-30-2009 02:20 PM
try this solution, it worked for my quade
- Click on Start.
- Type msconfig in the start search field and press enter.
- After that click on Boot tab.
- And then click on Advanced options.
- After that click on the drop down list under the Number of processor
- And then select the maximum number and click on ok.
- After that under the general tab remove the check mark from the load startup items.
- And then click on Apply and ok.
- And then restart the computer and check.