Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I found this out in a series of enraged events. Like you my webcam just out of the blue stopped working. I did everything step by step, checked all the drives, scanned for devices etc etc etc yadda yadda...

Me being a guy with some slight anger issues...i got so frustrated I hit the top where your webcam sits...and suddenly what do you know? it started working.

This is how I found out that it has absolutely nothing to do with your computer itself, it's the web cam. actually no I take that back, it's not even the web cam because the webcam works fine...it's a loose wire or it's not seated in there very well. if you go through HP's forums you'll see a lot of people have this problem. HP SHOULD recall all these recall all these laptops, or atleast offer to fix the webcams...but that'd be money outta their pocket
HP Recommended

The weak link might be the manufacturing process. I've posted this before - and you found it: the wire is loose. It's at the neck or at the base (motherboard). They said mine was loose at the neck, too.

The whole assembly is fragile - the method used to install the webcam probably needs to be reworked - the result is obviously not very robust.

I agree it's a sore point.

Well, Merry Christmas - you have a working Webcam as an early present. Smiling.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

i have benn purch new laptop hp dv6-6100tv but web cam is not workplz help me

HP Recommended

Hi Sarfarazulhaq,

Start here to find out more about your webcam and get it working:

Fixing Webcam Problems

Let me know how you fare.

It is my pleasure to assist.

Say “Thanks!” by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation for the help.

Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to say your issue is solved.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

can someone give me solution for my Hp dv6-6099ee..i dont know how to update my bios if this solution  it's working!

I faced same problem as mentioned before..

since cyberlink youcam wasnt work propely i installed the Hp media smart but nothing change..so I'd just reinstalled the cyberling with hp recovery manager

so whenever i use my webcam :" no webcam detected.try plugging in a webcam into your computer now.if you are using an integrate camera makes sure that it is turned on."

HP Recommended

Abouleil,

According to your computer's website, YouCam is your software.  MediaSmart will NOT work for you. 

Webcams are fussy things - they work and then don't.  There is a LOT of information here on the forum about webcams.  You can learn a lot by reading, reading, reading.  I suggest you read about what others have said about what they have seen.

If you mean "faced same problem as mentioned before" that your webcam used to work and now does not, then that is one problem... if your webcam has never worked, then that may be another problem. 

OK.  Here are the basic instructions for you to find your software from your website.  Be sure you use the correct computer name (not ee on the end, use "el").

Before you do anthing shown below, remove the MediaSmart software.

Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features > find MediaSmart and remove it.

Reboot

Install Webcam / BIOS Update

Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).

Software controls the programs that interact with the User.

The BIOS initializes, identifies, and structures, the computer during the boot process.

• Go to the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
  • Enter your Computer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Scroll down
  • Look for category Software - Multimedia
  • Select the appropriate Cyberlink YouCam Software OR MediaSmart Webcam Software – if available for your system
  • Save the appropriate *.exe installation package on your computer

If you are updating the BIOS for your computer at this time, continue and select the BIOS:

• ·         Look for category BIOS
  • ·         Select the appropriate Bios Update for your computer (usually the most recent)
  • Save the *.exe installation package on your system

NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file(s) will likely save to "Downloads “

• Install the Software / Driver installation package(s):  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package(s) and “double-click” to install, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

NOTE:  There is sometimes a lot of information at the computer’s website.  Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.

Help Documents:

About the BIOS

Connecting and Fixing Webcam Issues

It is my pleasure to assist.

Say “Thanks!” by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation for the help.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Ok look I have the Entertainment version now I am a Computer tech. I have had my dv6 for five years and their has been two times my laptop has F up once was because of my little brother horseplay where they shouldn't have been and the other is the webcam which has just started recently now I fix this by Rebuilding my system from ground up aka I wiped the hard drive now the reason for this is to get rid of the F up files in the driver how ever after reinstalling windows and before installing the webcam driver UPDATE YOUR BIOS using the bios upgrader from Hp drivers & support the u can install the webcam driver and after that the cam will work just fine but anyway hp made an error in their programing for the webcam driver/communication to the bios however the new bios update F.44 fix this problem. But I will say this My HP pavilion dv6 Entertainment Edition has been without a dout in my mind the best PC a computer user could own and say this with no joking intended I HAVE TRY TO RUN THIS PC INTO THE GROUND FOR FIVE YEARS EVERY DAY THAT I AM AWAKE And it has NEVER quit Never crashed due to errors (However a 9 year old running through the house that happens to trip on the power cord causing the laptop to hit the ground while it is running tends to F up the Hard Drive AKA the only thing That I have had to repair.) but other than little kids the dv6 is the best PC I have ever own so keep that in mind when u get mad at the webcam.

HP Recommended

Hi Romar,

I love to hear about success stories!  I have several HP notebooks - and the webcams in all but the newest notebook have always worked without any issues - for years!  All my HP notebooks themselves have worked with few problems and this is after years of abuse and hard work and travel.  I've had to replace a disk, I've had to reinstall the OS (and do so as a matter of maintenance), but the hardware is awesome. 

Is everyone's experience this successful?  Unfortunately not.  There is not any way to know which system will be "the one".  If you get a notebook that is "the one", and it breaks, dies, comes apart - it is hard for anyone to make you feel like the product is anything but a pile of useless plastic and metal.  I felt betrayed when I ended up with a DOA webcam.  I did not matter that I have a home office full of working HP notebooks - the webcam on my new notebook was DOA.  Arrgh!  HP fixed it.  Better now.

So, does the nine year old have his own iPad now so he can leave the notebook alone?  Smiling!

SideBar:

BIOS updates do work for some webcam problems - one must be careful to ONLY use BIOS updates for the particular notebook and not all notebooks have the same revision requirement.  Check your notebook's website starting at the above page Support and Drivers

Good Fortune!  Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

i have formatted my hp laptop and my web cam is not working

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.