Question

Honor Student
eltcruz
Message 1 of 5 (4,569 Views)

2 usb ports are not working in my newly bought laptop.

I just bought an hp pavillion dv6 laptop. The 2 usb ports on the right side is not working. When i plug my mouse, the mouse is working but when i plug my flash disk (different flash disks), i-devices it doesnt work.. Is this a product deffect or theres just something needed to activate it? (The laptop is with me for 3 days)

HP Pavilion DV6 - 6c06tx

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (4,568 Views)

Re: 2 usb ports are not working in my newly bought laptop.

Hi,

Are you saying the mouse is working ? If yes then I can not see anything wrong with the USB ports. What is the flash disks ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
eltcruz
Message 3 of 5 (4,565 Views)

yes the mouse is working. Flash disks or USB are not working even external hard drives and my other devices. 

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (4,560 Views)

Hi,

Based on this, the machine has 2 USB3 ports, should be backward compatible with USB2 devices. Please try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817900

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
lehooch
Message 5 of 5 (4,424 Views)

I've spent the last three hours trying to find a solution to this and yours is the first that worked, thank you so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation