AC Adapter making sizzling/buzzing noise (4568 Views)
Honor Student
Lindsay25
Message 1 of 3 (4,568 Views)

AC Adapter making sizzling/buzzing noise

I bought a Presario CQ50-130US laptop at Staples.  I have had it for approx. 2 months.  Today I noticed my AC adapter is making a buzzing/sizzling noise that can be heard when standing away from my laptop.  The closer you get the more you can hear it.  It is coming from the brick part of the adpater.  It is also extremely hot to the touch.  More so than I think it should be.  What are my options?  Can I replace this?  Is this under warranty?  I have my receipt showing my purchase date.  Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Teacher
irootsk
Message 2 of 3 (4,558 Views)

Re: AC Adapter making sizzling/buzzing noise

[ Edited ]

Hello Lindsay.

Working temperature of AC adapter depend on level of usage of your notebook. If you processing some video the power load will be quite high = very hot AC adapter.

But if you feel that adapter is extremly hot and making buzzing noise while you just browsing, you should ask for replacement. Do it while your notebook is under warranty.

Message Edited by irootsk on 02-26-2009 09:44 AM
Honor Student
Lindsay25
Message 3 of 3 (4,548 Views)

Re: AC Adapter making sizzling/buzzing noise

It makes this buzzing/sizzling noise all the time.  The computer can be in standby mode (not being used at all) or being used to surf the web.  Do I just call the warranty number listed on the brochures that came with the computer?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation