Question

Top Student
jitendragarg
Message 1 of 13 (22,844 Views)
Accepted Solution

AC charger not working. How to get a replacement?

I unplugged my charger yesterday, and since then even after plugging in the charger, my laptop is still working on battery backup.

I have tried changing the power point too, but didn't worked. Now the problem is that I can't send my machine to HP center, since I don't have enough battery power left to do a backup. 

I just need a new charger for my laptop, but don't know how to get the replacement parts from HP.

Can I get the new charger in replacement if I take the laptop and charger to the service center, and get it checked at that time, instead of submitting the laptop for repair? Also, can I have it done on weekend, cuz going to service center on weekdays is not possible for me?

Oh one more question. How much time does it take to get an accessory replaced from HP service center?

Top Student
jitendragarg
Message 2 of 13 (22,839 Views)

Re: AC charger not working. How to get a replacement?

Also, why I am not getting any repsonse to the numerous mails I sent to the technical support team? Does the compaq user mean nothing to HP support team? Can't they even respond to the mails? Why the hell do they have option to send a mail to tech support??
Grad Student
ClintonTam
Message 3 of 13 (22,822 Views)

In general, you can order the AC adapter directly from HP or you can try eBay. Unfortunately, you forgot to mention the model number of your notebook and the Forum members can NOT guide you to the correct web page so that you can order the AC adapter.

This is an end user Forum and most the members are not HP/Compaq employee. You may need to email the HP/Compaq service center if you need feedback or reply from HP directly.

Provide either your notebook model number or the part number of your AC Adapter and we can proceed the next step.

Top Student
jitendragarg
Message 4 of 13 (22,813 Views)

notebook model no. cq45 106au.

also, if I order the charger, do I have to pay for it, and how much? Wouldn't it be replaced under warranty??? 

Teacher
JAZZER
Message 5 of 13 (22,804 Views)

hi ,

just call up hp technical support on 1800-474-6836 and if u laptop is under warranty then the ac adapter can be shipped out directly only if there are no light glowing on the ac adapter port on the laptop .....

HIT KUDOS IF THIS WORKS OUT..!!!

Top Student
jitendragarg
Message 6 of 13 (22,790 Views)

oh i forgot to tell you, I am in India. So, this number is not working for me. Also, Indian site for replacement part is having server issues, so unable to order one. Anyways I will find out the number for the service centere myself. Thanks for the info, btw.
Student
Akki
Message 7 of 13 (22,294 Views)

unplugged my charger yesterday, and since then even after plugging in the charger, my laptop is still working on battery backup. I have tried changing the power point too, but didn't worked. Now the problem is that I can't send my machine to HP center, since I don't have enough battery power left to do a backup.  I just need a new charger for my laptop, but don't know how to get the replacement parts from HP. Can I get the new charger in replacement if I take the laptop and charger to the service center, and get it checked at that time, instead of submitting the laptop for repair? Also, can I have it done on weekend, cuz going to service center on weekdays is not possible for me? Oh one more question. How much time does it take to get an accessory replaced from HP service center?
Kudos! Thanks!
Solved!
Go to Solution     I unplugged my charger yesterday, and since then even after plugging in the charger, my laptop is still working on battery backup. I have tried changing the power point too, but didn't worked. Now the problem is that I can't send my machine to HP center, since I don't have enough battery power left to do a backup.  I just need a new charger for my laptop, but don't know how to get the replacement parts from HP. 

Can I get the new charger in replacement if I take the laptop and charger to the service center, and get it checked at that time, instead of submitting the laptop for repair? Also, can I have it done on weekend, cuz going to service center on weekdays is not possible for me? my model no. is Hp 6530s sn no:- CNU8333KY08 and p/n is KH274AV. chager no is CT: WACLPOAA9WANYP S/N NO:- F3-08070310570A.

Oh one more question. How much time does it take to get an accessory replaced from HP service center?

Student
mahogany2612
Message 8 of 13 (13,306 Views)

my laptop is just a year old but the charger has stopped working i want to know how i can get a replacement, and what are the conditions on which i can get a charger

Student
zubairj
Message 9 of 13 (4,053 Views)

my hp charger is not working.can i change my chrger......i think it is in warantee

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 10 of 13 (3,998 Views)

Hello Zubairj,

I understand you are stating your HP charger is not working, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

The charger comes with a same standard 1 year warranty of the computer. To get the charger replaced you want to contact the HP help desk,  if you reside in the US or Canada the number is 1-800-474-6836, if you reside in another country click on the link and then your country and the number will be provided.

More than likely you will be asked what troubleshooting you have done prior,  and they may have you  go through a couple other steps before replacing  the AC adapter.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation