Question

Student
dmcewan
Message 1 of 4 (6,191 Views)

ADP Warranty

Afternoon,

i have an ADP warranty on my unit, and my little boy has dropped a can of juice over it, it works randomly now, anyone know how warranty would solve this??

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (6,176 Views)

Re: ADP Warranty

ADP would repair or replace it.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
malden7
Message 3 of 4 (5,358 Views)

CAUTION - HP ADP(Accidental Damage Protection) is not worth the investment, One consumers opinion. I returned a badly damaged unit that fell off the top of a car. (Yes kids are great, even college age) HP determined after some influence that the unit was damaged beyond economically feasible repair. They offered to replace the UNIT and did so relatively quickly. I was surprised when all HP offered was a refurbished UNIT. The HP Sr. Customer Care representative asked for a copy of the HP ADP contract I have. Interesting that HP does not have access to their own documents. The "refurbished" Unit arrives and there  is where this issue resides. The unit would not boot. So I booted off of a Win 7 start up disk and have spent over 20 hours downloading drivers and installing drivers to get he UNIT close to functional. Final stages of rebuild seem to have hit a brick wall and the only thing HP offers is "another" refurbished UNIT. My question, that remains unanswered, Is why should I trust that the wonderful QA process for the refurbished UNIT will be any better on the next system? It would seem that ADP to HP means Automated Disposal Program for worthless hardware. If anyone has experienced similar problems I would love to hear how they were resolved, Better yet anyone considering a substantial investment in Accidental Damage Protection through HP consider investing on the number 99 on a Roulette wheel.

Student
5cg3322k4f
Message 4 of 4 (1,765 Views)

[ Edited ]

hp Laptop

Model No-2000-2d28tu

S/N: [edited]

Bill Date_22/08/2013

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation