Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I too had a same problem and the action keys are not even working with Fn+ also 

I am using windows8 hp envy sleekbook touch smart

HP Recommended

Apparently my reply did not go through.

HP Pavilion G6 Laptop.

Windows 8.1

SMBIOS  version 2.7

Insyde F.26, 2/21/2013

BIOS Mode UEFI

(1) Action Keys ENABLED, still will not work without fn key being pressed.

(2) Keyboard has been a problem since I bought this  machine. HP changed it out once. Still troublesome. I can be typing comfortably and suddenly become aware that the cursor has jumped four or so rows up and typing is occurring in an unrelated sentence or paragraph.

(3) The situation with the action keys is REALLY annoying.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. My action keys are enabled in the BIOS but I would still require to hit fn + the action key of my choice in order for it to work. It just randomly started happening, and it's been bothering me for a while now.

I have an HP envy 14.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.