Adding a second hard drive to an Envy 17 (6015 Views)
Student
andrigtmiller
Message 1 of 3 (6,015 Views)

Adding a second hard drive to an Envy 17

I recently purchased an Envy 17, and I purchased with only one hard drive.  I have an extra hard drive already, and thought I would just add it to the system, but when I opened up the laptop, there is no way to attach the drive, as the second bay doesn't have a connector of any kind, and of course, I also don't have the necessary caddy to secure the drive.

So, the question is can I add the second drive, and if so, how do I get the SATA connector, and caddy for the drive?

Student
dovski
Message 2 of 3 (5,804 Views)

Re: Adding a second hard drive to an Envy 17

Hya,

was about to purchase same laptop but cant find the info youre looking for, di u ever find a solution or can anyone else here help?

thx in advance,

dov

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 3 of 3 (5,779 Views)

Re: Adding a second hard drive to an Envy 17

On the Caddy and SATA Cable to add 2nd hard drive... It is orderable on HP Part Surfer, Link is here... http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=605415-001

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation