Alps touchpad not working properly with Windows 8 dm4-2070us (2623 Views)
Tutor
farmeral
Message 1 of 6 (2,623 Views)
Accepted Solution

Alps touchpad not working properly with Windows 8 dm4-2070us

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 on my dm4-2070us laptop, and now I no longer have use of scrolling or gestures on the Alps touchpad. The left and right buttons work and I can move the cursor anywhere on the screen, but that's it. Everything else seems to be working properly. I cannot find any Windows 8 drivers anywhere for the Alps touchpad. Has anyone else noticed this happening? I'm hoping that a new driver will be developed soon but not optimistic. Any suggestions out there?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (2,619 Views)

Re: Alps touchpad not working properly with Windows 8 dm4-2070us

I suggest that you keep checking back on the web support portal downlad section every couple of days. I have noticed that more and more drivers are becoming available for notebook models over the past week.

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

PhD Student
wes_notebooks
Message 3 of 6 (2,616 Views)

Hi,

The ALPS Win8 driver for dm4-2xxx will be SP58700 and should appear on the ftp site when it is released.  I don't have an ETA but it should be soon. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/

Wes

I am an HP employee.
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (2,613 Views)

wes_hpnotebook wrote:

Hi,

The ALPS Win8 driver for dm4-2xxx will be SP58700 and should appear on the ftp site when it is released.  I don't have an ETA but it should be soon. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/

Wes

Thanks Wes!

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
farmeral
Message 5 of 6 (2,610 Views)

Thanks Wes and Erico! I will keep checking using the link Wes provided.

Tutor
farmeral
Message 6 of 6 (2,572 Views)

[ Edited ]

This driver has been posted today. I just installed and now the touchpad works fine. Thank you very much for your help!

P.S. - This driver is also available on HP's Software & Driver Downloads site.  sp58700.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation