Question

Student
bigdrock44
Message 1 of 3 (1,827 Views)

Alternative to Digital Persona software/ replacing fingerprint reader

Does anyone know of an alternative software that will work with the biometric fingerprint reader? Digital Persona doesn't seem to care about personal computers anymore and apparently is focusing on commercial businesses now, because I have emailed them regarding upgrades to be compatible with Firefox 4 or Chrome and they said none exist and never will. Soooo.. I'm looking for a new fingerprint software. And if software is only compatible with certain hardware, is there a way to replace the built in reader with a different one instead? Please let me know. Thank you!

Student
nick22030
Message 2 of 3 (1,573 Views)

Re: Alternative to Digital Persona software/ replacing fingerprint reader

If you are looking for something with Firefox then you could try Fingerfox >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fingerfox-se/

Student
obaez
Message 3 of 3 (994 Views)

Re: Alternative to Digital Persona software/ replacing fingerprint reader

If you found a solution to your problem, I would really love to hear from you. In my case, DigitalPersona quit working and I made a backup of the fingerprints file and attempted to re-install. Now, installation will not complete and I have tried every possibility: Uninstalling AuthenTec and reinstalling both products and nothing works. And, as you stated, www.digitalpersona.com treats me like a leper. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation