Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

cecom,

You are welcome.  I am glad it is sorted. :generic:

When you download an installation file and it asks you whether you want to "run" or "save", click the "Save" option.  The package will save itself onto your computer, probably into your Downloads folder.

For later reference:

Open the file > Click on Download > Click “Open in Adobe Reader”

Install Software and Drivers from HP Website

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up!

It is a nice way to say “Thank You" for the help.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur,

Yes, I have been saving the drivers on an external drive before installing.

But i remember late last week you sent a link

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Hardware/message-id/122478 to one of the members who was seeking a similar help for his/her HP ProBook 4740s.  I realised it contain almost all the drivers that is needed for that PC.

Can I have a similar link for my product LK471UA#ABC (HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC) for Windows 7 ultimate o/s.

I would very much appreciate if you can get a similar link for me.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

cecom,

Oh, I see.  Smiling.

One one of the pages, I sent you, click on Product Home > Drivers

OR

you can start here:   HP Pavilion dv6-3275ca Entertainment Notebook PC Drivers

You can "click" all over your support pages -- you can click back and forth to get to your Manuals page, and to the Troubleshooting pages, too.  There is a lot of information available; take the time to look around when you have a few minutes.  I always find something new - and I've been doing this for a while, now.  Smiling.

Happy Computing!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Thanks.
HP Recommended

Any help for me????:smileymad:

HP Recommended

Usman,

I do not use the software that you have on your computer.  I have a theroretical understanding of the ProtectTools program.  I have never even seen it in use except from a distance at my local credit union.  That hardly makes me an expert.

The member who opened this thread has received help for the software on that user's computer.

You might start a new thread for your concern and see if you can get some help.

Alternatively, you can ask at the HP Enterprise Business Community where business computers are a specialty and help may be more forthcoming. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur,

similar problem on my HP with the Finger print after the exchange Windows 8.1(32bit)

Windows did not find any biometric devices on this computer ( when I checked via Control Panel)

I install the last fingerprint device driver for my model  DV6 1260ec p/n:VE161EA#AKB

I am rather looking for a solution

Can you help?

HP Recommended
My problem had been solved using Dragon Fur's solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks cecom. 

:generic:

MrLadas suffers a different issue for which he is desparate for help.  He has upgraded to Windows 8.1 on the older notebook hardware and now nothing is working as he had hoped.

As you can imagine, losing use of the fingerprinter is distressing.

MrLadas

Please go back to your original Thread:  Login windows with fingerprint reader

I posted a couple of options that I hope will be helpful to your situation.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.