Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello

I have a HP dv7 6195us new laptop. I have Win7 Ultimate multiboot with Win7 Home premium, Ubuntu and Fedora.

I intend to update my BIOS to the latest one (F.1A) on the support website since it adds BIOS support for switchable graphics. I'm aware of the consequences of unsuccessful BIOS update, so I'm a bit afraid to do it. I need to know if the multi-boot setup is going to pose any problems? I had also wiped out the recovery partition and the HP Tools partition while the multi-boot process and I no longer have the access to the HP in-built BIOS update feature.

Can somebody help me in getting the BIOS update done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you create your set of Recovery DVDs?

The reason I'm asking is because although it sounds like a lot of hassle, the safest way to update your bios would be to return the notebook to factory conditions and then update the bios as the flash will then be performed outside of Windows when you restart which is about as safe as you're going to get.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you create your set of Recovery DVDs?

The reason I'm asking is because although it sounds like a lot of hassle, the safest way to update your bios would be to return the notebook to factory conditions and then update the bios as the flash will then be performed outside of Windows when you restart which is about as safe as you're going to get.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks! I was thinking the same.. There was no option to create recovery disks, I guess HP has disabled that for new systems, so I was not able to create recovery disks. Anyways I'll be ordering that from HP store. Thanks again for your reply!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

This bios have support for Raid hdd?

thank´s very much.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.