Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently bought a brand new envy 17, and went to use it in a dark environment for the first time. 

I've tried hitting the dedicated key for it (f5) as well as the FN + Spacebar, as well as the f12 button as per the official support page. No combination seems to work - all my other function keys work completely fine. When I hit fn + f5, this also refreshes pages as exepected, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with this specific key. In terms of other lights on the keyboard, the wireless, mute & capslock are working, as is the small one on the top left of the touchpad.

Is there any way to check that it is correctly mapped in windows 7 perhaps from the registry? I'd like to cross out any software interference before taking my investigation into the matter further. This is my dedicated work machine and I can't afford to send it (to the U.S i presume) to wait and see what may or may not be wrong with it.. :mansad:

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Plz tell me the product number (p/n) written on a white sticker at the bottom of the notebook

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

I don't have that white stickerbut the support assistant tells me it's:

VX197AAR

Thanks in advance for any help rendered! 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem but with envy 14 !!

HP Recommended
by the way my p/n: QE295UA

THANKS
HP Recommended

by the way my p/n : QE295UA

THANKS

HP Recommended

On my keyboard, the keyboard combo to enable / disable the backlite is the FN and f12 key. The button image has a box with 3 bars and light rays extending outward.

HP Recommended
What fix it for my is : fn + from 1 to 12.
HP Recommended

Mine is an HP Envy 4, and it does not have back-lit either!

My Serial Number is CND217PC5C and Product Number is B4Q07PA#UUF

HP Recommended

Try Alt-Fn-F5 - works on my Envy 17t.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.