Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

1. You must first Undock the tablet from the keyboard.
2. Unplug the the charge cable from the keyboard and plug it back in the same place.
A flashing red light should now appear instead of the white one.

I do not understand where is the charge cable. 

thanks

HP Recommended

2. Unplug the the charge cable from the keyboard and plug it back in the same place.

I do not understand where is the chargue cable ...i need open the keyboard?

thanks

HP Recommended

Same problem here. Except that plugging the charger directly into the "tablet" part makes the orange light come on for a few seconds - indicating charging - but it changes to white, indicating a fullcharge !

if i try to use the tablet part on its own the battery is definitely flat though...and the HP battery test shows BOTH batteries as FAILED - but they both have the same voltages etc and the battery in the keyboard dock has nothing rong with it whatsoever. Im using it to tyoe this for a start.....

Something is seriously awry with the tablet bit.......some BIOS seting needs chnging ? please help HP. it seems a comon fault on this very expensive tablet.

HP Recommended

its bad english. Yo do need to split the tablet from the keyboard base.....but if you then look on the tablet, you'll see a port to insert the charger cable into.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue, my battery icon would say "battery #2not present".

I ran all the diagnostics advised & the best info I could get was battery 2 not recognised.

Our years warranty was just out, I found the dissassembly intructions on HP's site which gave the part number for the battery.

A quick online search put the battery at about $100 so I was willing to live with the tablet battery alone as it still gave me 3+ hours.

The dissassembly looked so easy I decided to give it a go.

Remove the rubber foot pads using a piece of plastic (something which wont scratch the base).

This reveals either one or 2 small philips screws under each pad.

Unscrew these plus any obvious ones you see on the base then pry the back cover off all the way around.

IMG_20150829_123800.jpg

The first thing Inoticed was the part number differed from the one shown in the manual.

Further to this there was a sticker with a spare part replacement number which different again.

Suffice to say these parts must be continually upgrades hence the disparity in numbers.

Look at the top of the battery & you'll notice the + & - terminal symbols & their connection to the board.

I noticed that my battery connection was off slightly, I 've attached a poor photo below.

IMG_20150829_125210.JPG

The connection was slightly slanted instead of pushed home fully.

I pushed it in,no more than a few mm's, the reassembled the back cover.

Hey presto battery #2 was recognised & we're backin action.

It was that simple.

HP Recommended

after reading all the same issues with dual batteries. this is the only way i have found to fix it. its simple. and fast. why does everyone else insist on taking the battery out. with this separation on the desk and tablet be the first option before opening the computer itself up.

@JiZ2Xtreme wrote:

I actually just had the same problem but found out how to solve the issue.

Problem:

51% Available

Battery #1:  100%

Battery #2:  0% (plugged in, NOT charging)

2-Step Solution:

After that, your status should finally say, 'plugged in, CHARGING'

You may now also dock your Tablet back on your Keyboard for regular use.

How that works for you all =P

-Simon Sayz

excellant way to go

HP Recommended
No...
Wouldn't work for me. In desperation in turned to the Internet and bought a new battery for the slate part. The instructions are online ad straightforward. I got the back off,found the battery covered by two ribbon cables and a scree on the battery wouldn't undo. So....I sliced off the tan holding it in,pulled the battery out carefully,fitted the new one....and it works.

I think I really did have a dead bayern, which doesn't bode well for longevity.
HP Recommended

Need some direction... neither of the above 2 solutions have worked for me (unplug/plug the charger with main screen detached nor installing a new battery in the keyboard unit).  No matter what I do, the computer doesn't think there is a second battery installed (which there obviously is).  At best, I get a quick flash of orange from the charging light when I do the unplug/plug procedure on the base unit; after the quick flash of orange, its back to the white "charged" indicator light.  Maybe I'm missing something obvious but am out of things to try.  Any help/direction is greatly appreciated!

GD

HP Split 13-g110dx x2 PC

Model #: E8C34UA

HP Recommended

sloved my problem the same way

the marked cable was loss, i replugged it and used better tape. 

not going to buy any hp product anymoreIMG_54064.JPG

HP Recommended

got the same problem ...may be in a different version..

charged my latop in the morning keyboard docked ..

after 2 hours the keyboard was not charging but the tablet charging is working (on disconnecting the docking station)..

its over 4 years and this has never happened!

Simon your idea has been working for me as well ..any one experienced such?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.