Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Not sure if this a hardware issue as I just bought HP split x2 but after the battery 1 gets charged fully (100%), battery 2 says 0% available (plugged in, not charging). Is this battery issue or am I missing something?

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

I'm getting the exact same issue on my Split x2. Per another thread, I undocked the tablet and let the base charge for a couple hours, and then redocked, but Battery #2 still says 0% available (plugged in, not charging). Also, when docked, it says 51% charged because it is averaging the charge for both batteries. Very annoying.

HP Recommended

I actually just had the same problem but found out how to solve the issue.

Problem:

51% Available

Battery #1:  100%

Battery #2:  0% (plugged in, NOT charging)

2-Step Solution:

1. You must first Undock the tablet from the keyboard.

2. Unplug the the charge cable from the keyboard and plug it back in the same place.

A flashing red light should now appear instead of the white one.

After that, your status should finally say, 'plugged in, CHARGING'

You may now also dock your Tablet back on your Keyboard for regular use.

How that works for you all =P

-Simon Sayz

HP Recommended

Same problem here:

I have the following
HP Split 13t-m000 x2 PC
Product number: E1N75AV

OS Windows 8.1

No hardware has been installed or changed since I purchased the Split in October

And I have had the "plugged in not charging" issue a number of times, and I am currently experiencing it again. Is there a permanent fix for this issue?

thanks,

I have run a "System Extensive Test" and the Primary and Secondary batteries both received OK(0) 

Also ran Battery test from Diagnostics page again no errors but problem still ocurring

To fix the problem prior I had to patch the BIOS on the machine, I do not like that I have keep patching the BIOS every month to fix this issue. 

HP Recommended

thanks JiZ2Xtreme that worked for me!!

HP Recommended
Niccce. Im glad it work for u. I didnt know if it was jus me.. but it seems like an issue they can fix thru an update or something.. Good luck to all
HP Recommended

What would we do without Google

Thanks , worked for me :generic:

HP Recommended

Thank you Simon Says, you're a genius.  I have been stressing about this issue, tried several different possible solutions from other blogs that didn't work and was ready to take the laptop in to the Geek Squad.  You saved me time, money, and more stress

HP Recommended

Hey your trick worked so it looks like my battery was charged the whole time(battery 2) witch im assuming is the keyboard now im charging battery 1 witch is the tablet now my questions is why isnt the tablet version charging from the keyboard??

HP Recommended

Hey your trick worked so it looks like my battery was charged the whole time(battery 2) witch im assuming is the keyboard now im charging battery 1 witch is the tablet now my questions is why isnt the tablet version charging from the keyboard??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.