Question

Student
tekguy
Message 1 of 2 (1,458 Views)

Battery Pinout-dv5t

Hello,

I am looking for a pin out diagram, or other info for a 8 pin battery. The laptop is a dv5t-1000, the battery is HP Spare PN 484170.

I am attempting to troubleshoot an issue with this laptop and need this info. I do not know why HP makes it so hard to locate this info, I have been looking all over the web for about an hour and a half using both Google and bing, its quite frustrating I tell you. Anyway the only info I was able to get was that the 2 pins on the Left are ground, but the orientation was not given, so I don't know what side is considered the left.

Any help or direction in this would be greatly appreciated!!

TIA

The older I get, the smarter I was.
Student
jjmnav
Message 2 of 2 (863 Views)

Re: Battery Pinout-dv5t

I am looking for the same 8 connector pinout for an HP HDX16 battery (497694-001). I think it must be a state secret! Even HP Tech Support is not privy to the info. I guess next search must be with the battery manufacturers.

On my HP Compaq nc6320 6 connector (10.8 volt) battery, when fully charged, the 2 outside connectors read 12 volts with negative on left and positive on right when directly facing the connector. Actually, all 3 of the left contacts appear to be (common) negative as all 3 read 12 v to the right contact.

Extremely dissatisfied with HP's internal DC power circuitry - with 1 HDX16 failure and 3 nc6320 failures!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation