Question

Tutor
Musti
Message 1 of 10 (401 Views)
Accepted Solution

Battery - Plugged In, Not Charging

Hey,

I've bought my Laptop 13, 14 months ago...

Initially, it shows up "Low Battery" on 15%, then again warning at 10% then it switches off automatically. 

But from the last 10, 15 days my laptop charge time is decreasing day by day..

I've noticed, about 10,12 days ago it was usually shuts down at 25% without showing any message "Low Battery"..

after few days, it starts shutting down at 40% without warning, then again after few days it starts shutting down at 60%..

(Intially my laptop take upto 1:30 hours for 100% charging, but after getting in this situation my charging time was also decreased, like when it was shutting down at 40%, when i plug in, it charge fully whitin half an hour, and at 60%, charging time was more decreased, and get fully charged just in 15, 20 mins..)

But nowadays, Laptop Turns On only when i plug in (and showing, Plugged In, Not Charging), and gets Off as i plug out. I've checked by removing battery and plug in the charger, Laptop is working fine and can easily log in to windows without battery..

Someone to please detect and specify the problem and kindly let me know the Solution.

Thank You HP...!

Laptop Specifications:
Laptop Specifications

Battery Details:
Battery Details.jpg

PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 2 of 10 (386 Views)

Re: Battery - Plugged In, Not Charging

Did you open support assistant and run battery check?

Sorry because of different timezone I might not be able to help/reply you right away.IF that happens I deeply apologize!
**Click the White thumb if you like the answer.**
**Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem and only solves your problem, if you have any more questions please ask, this also helps others to solve related issues.**
Feel yourself like home here, we are all happy to help, if you have an question reply or start a topic or pm me or an expert.
Tutor
Musti
Message 3 of 10 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]

DerekQ wrote:

Did you open support assistant and run battery check?

Yes DerekQ..!

That Battery details are after the "Scan" at Support Assistance..
Actually, it didn't scanned in the right way and show status as "Failure" and generated the "Failure ID". You can see it in Battery Details.

PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 4 of 10 (373 Views)

Hmmm, looks like your battery is defective or had failed. Since your in warranty you should get it replaced.

Sorry because of different timezone I might not be able to help/reply you right away.IF that happens I deeply apologize!
**Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem and only solves your problem, if you have any more questions please ask, this also helps others to solve related issues.**
Feel yourself like home here, we are all happy to help, if you have an question reply or start a topic or pm me or an expert.
Tutor
Musti
Message 5 of 10 (368 Views)

[ Edited ]

DerekQ wrote:

Hmmm, looks like your battery is defective or had failed. Since your in warranty you should get it replaced.

Am i still in warranty ???

as battery details are showing of 1 year warranty, but has life time of 2 years.
and i purchased laptop 13, 14 months agoo..

PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 6 of 10 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]

Oh i thought you mentioned that you were still in warranty sorry.

Since that long, please try calibrating your battery, recommand once per 3 months:

Windows 7:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00821536

Windows 8

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03325217

If only it can't work (the battery at all) then you had to replace it. I agree the battery is failing though

Tutor
Musti
Message 7 of 10 (360 Views)

DerekQ wrote:

Since that long, please try calibrating your battery, recommand once per 3 months:

Windows 7:

Windows 8

If only it can't work (the battery at all) then you had to replace it. I agree the battery is failing though

Ok.. Let me try this too..!

Thank for your answers.

Tutor
Musti
Message 8 of 10 (339 Views)

Musti wrote:

DerekQ wrote:

Windows 7:

Windows 8

Can you please let me know where can i purhase the battery ??
I live in Karachi, Pakistan.

PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 9 of 10 (335 Views)

Well you could go on eBay and ask hp for part number or order it from hp.

It is easy just take off your battery and look for model number search it on eBay but if your stuck ask hp.

PhD Student
DerekQ
Message 10 of 10 (298 Views)

IF you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Please feel yourself like home on the hp forums and thank you for visitng here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation