Battery Will not charge on G71-340US (3670 Views)
Student
Metal1091
Message 1 of 3 (3,670 Views)

Battery Will not charge on G71-340US

My laptop all of sundden stopped charging, the laptop will operate if plugged in but it dies as soon it unplugged. Also windows 7 reconizes that it is plugged in and not charging the battery. Nothing has been dropped or abused in anyway.

Thanks

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 3 (3,664 Views)

Re: Battery Will not charge on G71-340US

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please find the web link given below might help you to resolve your issue. 

1) Update the Bios on the unit

2) Calibrating the Notebook Battery

3) How to Improve the Performance of the Battery

4) Checking the Status of the Battery

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button. Thanks!

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
tufftommy86
Message 3 of 3 (3,575 Views)

Re: Battery Will not charge on G71-340US

I wrote last week that I would update the bios, since this was the first anyone has suggested it in any web forum. After I did that I did all of the usual recommendations, and nothing worked. This laptop is a little over a year old, bought in march 2011, and I should not have problems like this. Any other suggestions??? I think it may be some circuitry that went bad and maybe the mobo needs replacing. Please let me know. Also, I am using a new battery. Thanks!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation