Question

Top Student
The-Proud-Nerd
Message 1 of 5 (13,977 Views)
Accepted Solution

Battery icon missing. Quite simply, it isn't there.

I own a HP Compaq Presario F765EA laptop, running Vista Home Premium. I have been using this laptop quite happily for 10 months, but very recently, the battery icon in the notification area vanished. I hibernated my computer, booted it up again and when I looked, it wasn't there. Naturally, I right-clicked it, clicked Properties then the Notification Area tab, but when I looked the Power checkbox was the only one that was greyed out. the problem has occurred briefly before, but a couple of quick reboots sorted it. But I have rebooted about three times since then to no avail. I recently connected to 2 different networks, not at the same time but in rather quick succession. Also, though it is probably unrelated, I alo connected to 2 different secondary displays in quick succession too.

If anyone else is having this problem, or has had it in the past, or has had any experience that enables them to know the cause and solution of the problem, please reply with this knowledge.

Thanks,

The-Proud-Nerd

(Hard to take me seriously when that's my username, innit) 

---
:-P
Is this place that informal? Am I allowed to do that?
Top Student
The-Proud-Nerd
Message 2 of 5 (13,938 Views)

Re: Battery icon missing. Quite simply, it isn't there.

There has been a progression. I recently restarted, and now the network and power icons are present but the volume icon isn't.

Also, I would point out that in my previous post, when I said that this issue had occured before, I meant that the scenario occured with the network icon rather than the battery icon.

---
Intern
Sandeepz
Message 3 of 5 (13,934 Views)

This is quite simple, however it is common problem with Vista Operating System. Just refer the bleow link and perofrm the steps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945011

Top Student
The-Proud-Nerd
Message 4 of 5 (13,911 Views)

Thanks, that was really helpful! I will remember it in case one of my friends have the same problem!
---
Student
Bolzanju
Message 5 of 5 (12,869 Views)

It works for me too. Thanks Sandeepz!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation