Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I am having a weird problem since morning... I have a HP ENVY 14 running windows 7 64-bit

the problem is when i shutdown my laptop the LED battery indicator remains ON even when the AC cord is not connected..... moreover in windows it keeps on showing the charging icon stating " Plugged in, Not Charging "

help me guys anyone????

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, then run the latest BIOS update from your product's support page.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds); (if the computer doesn't power on, move to the next step)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
HP Recommended

just tried that ..... still got the same issue 😞

any other ideas???

HP Recommended
Did you update the BIOS too?
HP Recommended

The BIOS is already updated to F.0A.... i tried a reverting it back to F.09 but no luck

HP Recommended
At this point, it seems like a bad battery or failing battery controller on the motheboard.

Open the HP Support Assistant and use the Diagnostics tab to run the HP Battery Check...it should tell us the status of the battery.
HP Recommended

In HP support Assistant it says  " Power Status : A/C Power" ....but the A/C cord was not attached

i ran the battery check test and its says the battery is OK

How do i check the battery controller circuit???

HP Recommended

any other ideas???

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.