Question

Top Student
DimitrisCZ
Message 1 of 4 (469 Views)
Accepted Solution

Battery not charging on Hp 4340s. (Bettery and Charger are fine)

[ Edited ]

Hello to all friends.

I have the following issue.

I own a Hp probook 4340s. The battery was just fine (holding up to 6-7 hours). One day the battery it self stopped charging. I assumed it was battery fault but when I ordered another battery and we tested it in the local store that also didnt charge.

The thing is that with the AC adapter the computer works normally even without battery.

When I install the battery and plug the AC adapter the computer works , the indicator shows organge status (as charging) , windows showing (Charging 0%) but stays at 0%.. after about an hour or so the indicator starts blinking organge.

I dont know where the issue is.. from the little I understand the battery is fine the charger is fine but for some reason the circuit inside the computer cannot charge the battery?!

Can anybody help please?

Thank you in advance

george-p
Message 2 of 4 (442 Views)

Re: Battery not charging on Hp 4340s. (Bettery and Charger are fine)

Hi @DimitrisCZ ,

I saw your post and have forwarded it to the appropriate individuals for their review. Someoen will contact you via Private Message on this Forum.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
Top Student
DimitrisCZ
Message 3 of 4 (440 Views)

Thank you I will wait.

I have the laptop about a year and 3-4 months. Hope if its something fixable it will be covered by warranty :smileysad:

Once again thank you :smileyhappy:

Top Student
DimitrisCZ
Message 4 of 4 (391 Views)

Thank you very much.

on 24/2 a representant from Czech Republic contacted me giving me the details on how to take in to a service nearby

on 26/2 I took it to the service explaining exactly the problem 

on 28/2 I received an SMS that my Laptop is ready (Motherboard replacepent). Same Day I want to pick it up.

Updated the Bios , Calibrated the battery and on 1/3 my Laptop is READY TO GO :smileyhappy:)))

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation