Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If my solution fixed your issue please give my post a thumbs-up.

HP Recommended

My new Envy had the same problem. I read most of the post, and started down the hp support assist avenue. The first thing in that app was updates needed, so I went ahead and did that while reading the replys to the post.

I did try the check battery, but no calabration option could be found.

After the updates, which none said anything about power management, I rebooted and the problem is gone. I tried a couple of things, unplugged the charge while the laptop is on, then plugged it back in. I could not recreate the problem.

I hope the solution presist!

Best of luck.

HP Recommended

i have tried reading alot of solutions to this problems, but the only that worked is, straightaing the tiny pin that is located in the charger that connects to the computer/laptop,

when the pin is straight you will notice a difference in the charger as the whole silver plate goes in the laptop

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello all:

I also have this issue on a recently purchased EliteBook 8460P that started with Windows 7  Professional x64 and currently has Windows 10 Professional x64.  The Battery plugged in but not charging status occurred after a day or two of use.

Steps taken to resolve:

1. Exchange notebook to an identical notebook with different power adapter, battery and hard drive. OS was reinstalled.

2.  Remove Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery entry from Device Manager as widely reported on internet.

3.  Installed HP Support Assistant and perform HP Battery Check. Battery tested good.

4. The pin in the power adapter is not bent and has a good connection to the notebook.

5. BIOS has been updated to latest release available on HP's website.

To summarize this issue has occurred within 2 days on 2 notebooks with 2 batteries with 2 power adapters with a clean build of the operating system (both Windows 7 and Windows 10)

All feedback appreciated.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks to these forums I realized the problem I had was a bent pin inside the power adapter plug.

I STRAIGHTENED THE PIN OUT BUT NOW AFTER SOME USE IT FINALLY BROKE OFF.

Now I'm without the use of this computer!

Its not fair that I decided to buy this computer vs a comparably priced Microsoft Surface Pro 2 only to later find out that there is an issue with the pin in this power adaptor.

Also I believe the mousepads on these keyboards are also defective. I never use the mouse pad on the keyboard becuse it has behaved all screwey from day one. The mouse will behave as if you had locked the right clcik button and anything you mouse over will be long clicked or dragged.

I feel that HP owes me an adaptor and a keyboard.

If this coputer did not suffer these two issues, it would be a fantastic computer.

HP Recommended

Hi @Broken-Pin,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a  superb site  to find answers and suggestions!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thank you.

I will wait to hear from HP support.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I too had some issues with my Probook 450 G2 battery not charging.

I resolve mine by going to the device manager then batteries and update ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver

Problem solved for me. It will say x minutes to full charge when it works.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much Lugani for your post.

After battling with the issue for months, your post saved the day.

I checked and found that the centre pin was slighly bent, so I straightened it and pronto normal charging resumes!

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, this solved the problem immediatly. I went through the troblem of getting a new adapter, I wish I would've read this first. Thanks again!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.