Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes I had the same issue'. straighted the pin out as Robin said.

This would appear to be just poorly designed    I wonder how many times I will have to go through the exercise before the pin  snaps off for good.    :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion about the power adaptor. After reading all the stuf from HP about diagnostics and complicated stuff, with the person asking for help having no solution, I got to the bit about the adaptor. I checked, and mine too had a tiny pin inside that was bent over, could only se it with a torch. Pushed it back over with a pin and now my laptop is charging. So I say thanks to the guy who suggested it and to HP support I say come on, was that the best you could do?

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Suprisingly, this solution works for me. The only difficulty is re-alligning the pin.  After realligning it, it becomes Ok.

Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue as the original poster.

I used my laptop yesterday without the charger connected.  I plugged it in to charge last night.  This morning I unplugged it but the machine wouldn't turn on.  I plugged it back in again and it did turn on, however, the charge icon reads '20% available, plugged in not charging'.  If I unplug my adapter the laptop instantly turns off.

I tried following steps recommended on another thread - including the common solution through device manager, however this hasn't worked.

I am not sure what to do next?  I need my laptop for my day to day business so I am not really in a position to send it off for repairs.  I have only owned it for a couple of months also.  Disappointing!

Any assistance would be much appreciated

HP Recommended

Good Morning  @Jongiiii 

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers.
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that when you connect your notebook to AC it shows plugged in and charging?  When you tried to run on battery power, although is showed 20% it would not power on the notebook.

Here is a link to Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎.  If this has not resolved the issue, with the notebook only being a couple of months old, I suggest contacting HP support for assistance as they can remotely access your system to aid with quickly overcoming difficulties.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I also have the same problems, the technicians fixed 2 times online and the same problem. Someone is working on it now as we speak, third time. Flash BIOS to F.11 2 times. Windows + B + Power to reset works. I think it's the case design problems that causes "Electrical Static charge".

HP Recommended

Wow, the technician is flashing the BIOS again, 3rd time. I checked the pin on the charger, it's perfect. After the bios re-flashed, it's working, but re-flashing the bios every day is not a very good way to have a laptop. I'm getting an RMA for fixing. I have another charger, I'll use it to see if it's the charger, if it is, then I'll let HP know. But it doesn't seem to be the charger because last night, after discharging to 92%, it stops going down even I used it without charging, I knew it was broken then. 

Will post the result of the battery problem one way or another. It's brand new, beautiful and not working.

HP Recommended
Why are you still telling people to test and calibrate the battery? IT'S THE BADLY MADE CHARGER. The tiny pin inside the bit you put in the laptop will be bent. You need to straighten it out with something thin. It will then charge the laptop again.
HP Recommended
Ignore hp support assistants about bios and battery calibration and nonsense, it's the pin inside the bit that goes in the laptop.
HP Recommended
My envy 14 will not detect battery
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.