Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Mine has been doing the same for about a year now. I can't remember why it started, but I'm going to bet that is was after a windows 7 update.

I've tried all suggestions I can find. My laptop still does update and I have installed new drivers (I think). I've had my laptop for two years now and have a G62.

If anyone does find the solution, please let me know, its driving me mad!

HP Recommended
Please try the following steps...

Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager.

Expand the Batteries category.

Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall. (WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.)

On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes.

Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes.

Let me know if this helps resolve your issue or not.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Thank you so much for finding this answer and letting me know; the laptop I wrote about was actually my second-in-line laptop and I actually did a factory restore on it in the summer so I could loan it to a college student. Of course that fixed the battery icon issue and now I don't have a way to test your method. However, I will keep the information and if the student tells me that the same symptoms start again, I'll pass on your solution. In the meantime it's got about 3 years on it and it still works great; the fellow who has it is very pleased to have it. Thank you for your persistence! Best wishes, Elvin Nicely.
HP Recommended

My computer started occasionally doing this recently, so I finally went looking.  This did NOT fix mine. 

I have a DV6-1360us running Windows 7 Home 64-bit.

This is my second 12-cell battery which I've had 10 months or so... it works perfectly and still holds a charge for hours and hours and hours. 

Mine did this problem for the first time a month or so ago. I freaked out, thinking the connection between my charger and motherboard had broken and my laptop was going to be worthless as soon as the battery went dead. I backed everything up, shut the computer down, and when it rebooted, the computer worked fine and the icon showed properly.

I think it did it again a week or so later, and that time, unplugging it from the outlet and plugging it back in seemed to make it work. 

Then two days it did it again. This time, I just plugged it in, saw that it was at 17%... and checked 15 minutes later and the percent was higher. 

Since then, I can't get the "plugged in" version of the icon to show at all, no matter what I do... even when the battery was showing 100%. 

I plugged the thing in half an hour ago or so when it was at 15%. I rebooted the computer. I deleted the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, scanned for new hardware, and watched it get re-installed.  My battery also now says it's charged up to 38%... but the icon still says that it's not plugged in. 

Any more ideas to try?

HP Recommended

thanks, seems to work for now. but still the problem is not solved.

HP Recommended

Hello Otabek,

I believe if I understand your issue its referencing the charging icon isn’t showing the battery is charging? Is that correct?

What was the last course of action you took to try and resolve the issue?

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I've solved that problem. Now I have another problem. My network icon is not displaying correctly. Now I'm connected to the internet, but it shows that i'm not. What should I do?  Waiting for your soon reply.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your operating system?

Are you familiar with using the Snipping tool (included in Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8)?

Use the snipping tool to copy images that show the problem you are trying to describe. Save the image as jpg or png format for best results. Once you have created and saved the image to your PC, you can post it in your thread by using the tree icon that is seen while making a post. (see the image below)  

post_image.png

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Dear Erico,

When i'm to the network through wifi this icon  Network icon.PNG appears. And when i connect directly to the internet through modem i have this icon Network icon2.PNG appearing.  Can this be because i sometimes use my laptop for remote desktop? How can i solve this issue. Thanks again for your help.

My Regards, 

Atabek.

HP Recommended

Dear Erico,

I use windows 7 Home Premium(64-bit oper. sys.). When i connect to the network through wifi this icon  Network icon.PNG appears. And when i connect directly to the internet through modem i have this icon Network icon2.PNG appearing.  Can this be because i sometimes use my laptop for remote desktop? How can i solve this issue. Thanks again for your help.

My Regards, 

Atabek.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.