Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hello, I haven't managed to solve the issue yet.
I last attempted to uninstall the APCI suggested then reinstall it, however it has not fixed the issue of the battery icon not showing its charging.
If you have any other suggestions please let me know.
Regards
Madme
HP Recommended

This image not connected.png means wireless is turned on, but not connected to a wireless station (your or other router). Right click on the icon to select and connect to a particular SSID. Once connected it should look like the following image. connected wireless.png

This image wifi disabled.png means that wireless is disabled.  Using your notebook for RDP(remote desktop protocol) should have nothing to do with it.

network options.JPG

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes, I know that. Both of these  Network icon.PNG     Network icon2.PNG   images are displayed even if i'm connected to the internet. What is the solution to have the right icon displayed?  

I have another problem with my speakers. My laptop model is  HP Pavilion dv3-4305se Entertainment Notebook PC. Right speaker is not working. It happened after I used my Hp Digital Stereo Headset(model bhp-95ncv) from the SATA port. When i disconnected it it made some strange sound. Is there any solution for this problem?

Thank you for your quick response.

Best Wishes,

Atabek. 

HP Recommended

What does your network setup look like as compared to the following image of network connections?

wireless prop1.png

Right-click the start button and click on properties. In the Properties windows that appears select the Customize button. Now click on the turn system icons on or off option. In the dropdown behavior button to the right of the Network icon ensure that On is selected.

system icons.png

If doing this has no effect, then it may be time to uninstall the wireless adapter devive and then reinstall the driver softpaq. There is also a regedit change that can be made to tell the OS that the icon must be visible when a wireless network connection has been made. 

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue!  Something just "blew" when I was using my HP dt6 (i.e. the computer screen/laptop completely shut down while using it - rebooted it).   After this fine episode, the battery will now not charge, even though the battery icon on the tray says " plugged in ,charging".

To date, I've not been able to correct it.  

I tried doing the uninstall on the ACPI Compliant Control Method Batterybut this solution did not correct the issue.

I tried purchasing a new battery.  Same thing with the new battery.

I tried doing the uninstall on the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery with the new battery ... nothing.

HP support - there are a number of people this is happening to on this thread, and your suggested fix does not fix our issue.  Please post a fix that will   

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@pflipper wrote:

I am having this same issue!  Something just "blew" when I was using my HP dt6 (i.e. the computer screen/laptop completely shut down while using it - rebooted it).   After this fine episode, the battery will now not charge, even though the battery icon on the tray says " plugged in ,charging".

To date, I've not been able to correct it.  

I tried doing the uninstall on the ACPI Compliant Control Method Batterybut this solution did not correct the issue.

I tried purchasing a new battery.  Same thing with the new battery.

I tried doing the uninstall on the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery with the new battery ... nothing.

HP support - there are a number of people this is happening to on this thread, and your suggested fix does not fix our issue.  Please post a fix that will   

Thanks!

Identify your notebook with the complete product number or product name so HP will know if this affects a particular series or model of notebook.

Test your power adapter and also the battery if possible. 

Does the charging LED on the notebook light up?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, Erico

The product is the HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC, A3F49AV. If you need another identifier, let me know.

I would think the power adapter is fine. There is no indicator when I fire up the laptop that there is an issue with it. I can fire up the laptop without the battery, with just the AC adaptor plugged in, and it handles the power requirements. Unless I am missing something and there is another way to test the adaptor, I would think that this is not the issue. I also tested it against another AC adaptor that would charge the batter - same issue.

The charging LED on the notebook does light up. White-ish when there is nothing to charge, red when it is "charging" but it does not charge the battery.

A few other details...
I updated the BIOS last night (saw that there was an update via the HP Support Assistant). This did nothing to change the charging issue, however, when I finished the update, rebooted, etc., I then did a battery test. For both batteries (the old one and the new one I just purchased), I got a message that the battery is reporting a failure and needs to be replaced. Here's where it gets stranger....I do a test on the old battery today - and the battery status is OK. ??!!  But there is still no charge that is happening.

I hope that is enough information to provide guidance on this problem. I really need a fix to this issue because I use my laptop when flying, and this is going to impede my ability to use this laptop to get my work done!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you installed the latest version of the UEFI environment? (HP Advanced Diagnostics)

If not, download it, install it and run the component test for the battery.

I would not believe that test on the old battery.  if you know for certain it is not accepting and holding a charge  then dispose of it in accordance with your city's regulations for disposal of hazardous waste.

Is the new battery an OEM unit or is it a third party manufactured and supplied one?

Best regards,

erico

HP Recommended

Hi,

I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 64Bit on my DV6-2150us laptop and am having the same issue as described at the beginning of this thread.

My battery will charge just fine, but Windows never reports the battery as being connected to AC power.  The battery icon in the lower right of the task bar always shows the icon to to designate battery power, even when the charging LED on the front of the Laptop is illuminated indicating that the laptop is both connected to AC power and charging.

This issue is preventing me from completing the Windows update process.  This problem did not occur until after I reinstalled windows from scratch, and the battery/charger are fully functional.

I tried uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Controlled Battery Method from Device Manager, but upon reinstallation I still have the issue.  This device is reported as using driver version 6.1.7600.16385, provided by Microsoft, dated 6/21/2006.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

HP Recommended

I just figured out my issue.  Maybe this will help others?

As previously posted I had an issue where Windows would never report AC power connected, even though my battery was charging.  I recently reinstalled Windows 7 64bit and noticed this when updating the OS.  I had assumed these two events were related as I didn't remember having this issue previously.

After the previous post I noticed there are two LEDs on my particular HP laptop: 1 LED indicates charging and faces the user; the 2nd LED indicates the presence of the power brick and is located right next to the power plug.  While the charging LED indicated always appeared to work correctly (as reported in my previous post), the 2nd LED was not illuminating when I connected the AC power.

I just happen to have another AC power brick for this laptop stashed away.  I pulled it out, connected it and bam everything was working as it should.

Hopefully this will help others.  I had assumed that because my battery was charging my AC power adaptor was healthy. For me, it was possible for the battery to charge with a weak but not completely failed power adaptor.  It appears the bad power adaptor is capable of operating the machine and charging the battery while never registering valid AC power. Not sure if this is due to the power adaptor beign "weak" or some internal logic that failed.  Lesson learned: don't assume that just because you can charge the battery and turn on the laptop that your power adaptor is 100% functional.

For those that need to get windows/drivers updates with their current setup, I was able to use the following work around:

* turn off the machine

* remove the battery

* remove the AC power cord for a couple seconds

* re-install the AC power cord, leaving the battery out of the machine

* turn on the machine and install updates

I've included the image of the defunct power adaptor for HP.  

Bad_HP_Power_Brick.png

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.