Blinking caps and num lock lights (248738 Views)
Student
caka1812
Message 11 of 187 (40,659 Views)

Re: Blinking caps and num lock lights

sasubesc ... what did your husband replace? I am having the same issue with the 4 blinking lights with the graphics card and it is driving me insane. Sometimes the computer starts without a problem, other times it crashes.

Intern
docsmody
Message 12 of 187 (38,549 Views)

Similar issue here -- one blink every 1.5 seconds or so on both caps lock and scroll lock.

tried taking apart the entire laptop -- i dont know how to determine which faulty piece needs a replacement.  the CPU looked fine, not burnt out on the board.

help?

Student
purpleracine
Message 13 of 187 (38,504 Views)

im having the same problem here. i've seen the blink codes but how will i know what code to use? the lights wont stop blinking so it blinks more than 6 times and it blinks after every 1 second. i just want to know whats the real problem with my laptop. 

help anyone?.. please :smileysad:

Student
MBrule
Message 14 of 187 (38,445 Views)

I am having the same problem. It says it is a graphics controller issue. Does anyone have a real solution to this problem other than calling HP Support and getting charged for it.

I had my laptop in hibernate for a couple of days, then shut down one night and next night it would not work. Blinking lights and Black Screen. 4 Blinks is the Graphics controller issue.

Honor Student
dhenry0584
Message 15 of 187 (37,467 Views)

I just had this issue with my neighbors laptop I'm working on. The caps lock and num lock light would constantly blink every couple seconds. After tearing the whole laptop apart and checking for burn marks(there were none) I applied new thermal grease to cpu and gpu and I reassembled the laptop. No change, still not getting video and same blinking lights. I referneced hp's explanation of blinking codes and they suggest holding all 4 arrow keys at the same time to recover bios. This fixed this laptop. Just hold all 4 arrow keys down then push power button to turn on. I got video again and pc is booting. Hope this works for other people as well.

Intern
docsmody
Message 16 of 187 (37,465 Views)

You got me all excited because it was a new possible solution -- but it did not work for me :-(

Student
lover
Message 17 of 187 (37,403 Views)

Hello everyone

Undo the last operation in your laptop

Turn off the the laptop

Remove the battery

press the button turn off 10 second

Wait 5 minutes

After that will solve the problem

Intern
docsmody
Message 18 of 187 (37,362 Views)

That did not help at all.

lover wrote:

Hello everyone

Undo the last operation in your laptop

Turn off the the laptop

Remove the battery

press the button turn off 10 second

Wait 5 minutes

After that will solve the problem

Student
ifeelnopain001
Message 19 of 187 (37,002 Views)

Youre experiencing a Graphics Card issue 100% sure. The ATI graphics card has over heated and needs to be resolder (reflow) or it needs to be replaced (Reball). If you have any other questions or comments let me know.

Thanks,

Brandon,

8+ years experience in every level of computers.

Student
jmontanez
Message 20 of 187 (21,961 Views)

I'm having the same problem, but how I flash the Bios if the laptop don't start up?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation