Blu-ray bc5500s not working after win 7 upgrade (263 Views)
Student
tcjohns98043
Message 1 of 1 (263 Views)

Blu-ray bc5500s not working after win 7 upgrade

I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed in HP. I purchased a Pavilion DV5 1004nr about 2 years ago. It would not power on when I brought it home, so I immediately sent it to HP (rather than return it to the store where I purchased it --per their request) in exchange for an "upgrade". My "upgrade" is a DV5 1001xx with a blu ray bc 5500s which stopped functioning six months later, after a win 7 upgrade. I have done the delete upper and lower filters trick, done the Microsoft Fixit tricks, returned to the original Vista, reseated the player, and spoken with HP support who tells me my only recourse is to buy another player for $183. There are literally 1000's of posts by other consumers who have experienced this same problem, and yet our only recourse is to purchase another drive from them?  My biggest disappointment is that I made the stupid mistake of being remotely impressed with their initial attempt at customer service and purchased a second laptop with it's own set of problems.  I can't believe that between Sony/Optiarc/NEC, Microsoft, and HP, no one has found a fix or offered any help but to sink more money into an obvious problem with all 3 companies. Shame on the three of you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation