Bluetooth went missing (128 Views)
Honor Student
Nabajyoti
Message 1 of 5 (128 Views)

Bluetooth went missing

Hi,

I am using HP Pavilion g6-2231 tx Notebook PC with Windows 8 OS (the OS that came preinstalled). I have kept the OS updated till date through windows update. Recently however, my bluetooth device failed to send files to the paired device. Previously it was working fine and performing as it should. So I unpaired that device and tried to pair it again with my HP Notebook PC. The PC detected that device but even when I put the confirmation password/number correctly, it failed to pair with that device. This is the case with every other devices that I had tried to pair with. So next I uninstalled the device driver and reinstalled  it again with the driver from the manufacturer's website. But every time it shows a problem with the driver for Ralink Bluetooth PCIe adapter. It also shows that reinstalling the driver might fix the problem. But even that fails eventually. Now the device itself has hidden and it also does not show on the Device Manager.

Crop.jpg

I am out of solutions on my part. Please help to make this right.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 5 (99 Views)

Re: Bluetooth went missing

Hello Nabajyoti,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues reinstalling your Bluetooth. I would recommend that you follow the HP Support document: Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8) to reinstall it using the drivers that originally came with your computer. You may have to uninstall your Wireless card completely to get the Bluetooth installed as they are the same device. Once you have the driver reinstalled if you are still having issues with the Bluetooth pairing I would recommend you follow the steps below:

Step 1. Go to device manager
Step 2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want
Step 3. Select "Update Driver Software..."
Step 4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
Step 5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Step 6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)"
Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list
Step 8. Finally select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"

I believe this will resolve your issue and get you back up and running. Thank you for posting this issue on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the left to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job." - Anonymous
Honor Student
Nabajyoti
Message 3 of 5 (53 Views)

Re: Issue of bluetooh pairing of HP Pavilion g6-2231 tx Notebook PC.

Hi,

I have HP Pavilion g6-2231 tx Notebook PC and I am sorry to say that I have been having a very bad experience regarding this notebook's bluetooth device. I had updated the bluetooth software version from HP.com and after a few days, the bluetooth failed to pair with every bluetooth device that I tried with. I should mention here however that it detects the devices but only fails to pair with them. For instance, when i try to pair it with my phone, it shows "Passcode isn't right. Try again," even when I enter the same passcode. So I formatted my computer with the recovery disks which I had made a few weeks ago with HP Utility Center application. Regardless of that, the problem remained. However, there is no problem with the wireless device. The installed bluetooth version is Ralink Bluetooth Stack64 version 9.0.715.0.

I therefore urge that you kindly provide a FEASIBLE solution to this problem as I am really regretting buying a HP laptop. If more information is needed, please do enquire.

Thanks.

Honor Student
Nabajyoti
Message 4 of 5 (50 Views)

Step 6 is not available in my laptop. It shows the following screen:

Untitled.jpg

I have applied each certificate but no result.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 5 of 5 (38 Views)

Hello Nabajyoti,

I would like to thank you for the update on the status of your Bluetooth issue. I would recommend you choose the one at the top of the list indicated in the image you provided. I am also providing some additional steps to try below to see if I can find a solution to your issue.

Step 1. Search for "Change device" in the Windows 8 Start menu.
Step 2. Click on where it says Change device installation settings.
Step 3. Select the No, let me choose what to do option.
Step 4. Check the automatically get the device app option
Step 5. Click Save changes to save the settings you just chose

As well you can try this

Step 1: Go to RUN (Windows Logo + R) and type “services.msc” and Enter
Step 2: Now find “Bluetooth Support Service” and double click on it
Step 3: Now click on Log On Tab and Type in "Local Service" without quotes
Step 4. Click on “This Account”
Step 5: Now remove any passwords leave the password field blank
Step 6: Underneath the upper left title should be a hyperlink "Start" Click it

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting again on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the left to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job." - Anonymous
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation