Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (2,748 Views)

Boot Failure- Cannot find Hard Drive

I have a TX2500.  It has a HD with two partitions, one for C: and the other for recovery backup.  One day, it crashed.  It cannot boot up because of hard disk not found (error: 03F0).  I plugged it in my PC and repaired the C:.  I have no problem from reading and opening files in the HD from my PC.  But still, the laptop doesn't boot up because of hard disk not found.

Any fix?

Associate Dean
Message 2 of 6 (2,743 Views)

Re: Boot Failure- Cannot find Hard Drive

Did your try loading bios defaults?

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (2,737 Views)

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Student
Message 4 of 6 (2,425 Views)

I have the same problem.

First i could start him but it took 2 hours and the lt acted like he had a quarter of a processor ^-^

then i tried to change some settings and now it says that i have to press Ctrl+Alt+Del

i did and it started, i wuz reliefed but then it said exactly the same thing. I pressed CAD again and in the system error logg it

said something like: 03F0

and Boot Failure-Cannot find Hard Drive

Student
Message 5 of 6 (2,406 Views)

I am having the same issue 2 months after my waranty expires.  Did you ever get it back up or what did you have to do? I called HP support and that was a joke.  Help!

Associate Dean
Message 6 of 6 (2,403 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation