Question

Honor Student
tmeehan
Message 1 of 5 (3,784 Views)

Boston Digital BA735 Speakers

Hi Guys,

below is an answer i got from the Boston guy. I want to enable digital output on my Presario CQ40 laptop

"

Hi this is Gregg with Boston Acoustics. Your Boston digital speakers were sold as a part of a computer package featuring a digital soundcard with a digital output. If you wish to use these speakers with a different computer make sure it has a digital soundcard with digital output and the digital output is engaged in the soundcard menu, if your soundcard is outputting an analog signal the speakers will not work. You can test this by plugging in headphones into your sounds card. If you hear music, it is outputting analog. For the most detailed information concerning the features and setup of your soundcard, please contact the manufacturer.

The Boston digital speakers do not directly require drivers to work but rather rely on the soundcard for processing. This is where the problem lies. If the speaker system was functioning properly before the system upgrade and both green lights are illuminated, there is likely nothing wrong with your speakers. You need to make sure that the soundcard is configured for digital output. If the soundcard is configured for digital or if your computer manufacturer has informed you that you need to upgrade drivers in the system, you will need to contact the manufacturer of your soundcard for these drivers. These are digital speakers that were designed to work with the original Gateway that they came with. However you can attempt to make these speakers work by contacting your computer manufacturer and asking them if and how to set your computer up to produce a digital audio signal. You want to tell them that you have a pair of BA 735 CD Quality 16BIT/44.1KHz digital speakers and want to know how to set up a digital audio signal to talk with these speakers. With this information the computer  people should be able to assist you in making this happen."

Can yu help.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 5 (3,773 Views)

Re: Boston Digital BA735 Speakers

What model HP laptop are you using?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
tmeehan
Message 3 of 5 (3,765 Views)

Compaq Presario CQ40 515AX

Student
Paviliondv6rob
Message 4 of 5 (3,584 Views)

How would I set up an HP Pavilion dv6 to do this?  Here is image of my sound card.  Please help!1248iA978D05E197A1999

Student
dcaintlre
Message 5 of 5 (3,514 Views)

Can you please provide instuctions in order that I may use Boston Digital BA735 Speakers with my Pavilion dv6.

Thanks

Don

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation