Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I bought my lap top just over a month ago and this morning I realized that it hadn't charged at all the nigt before. I made sure everything was plugged in, tried different outlets and restarted my computer, but nothing happened. Now I'm down to 6%. I tried removing the battery and troubleshooting, but absolutely nothing has worked.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I understand that your notebook computer's battery drains after powering down, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To test and synchronize the battery to your computer, I recommend following this document on Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎. This should help maintain a charge on your notebook's battery.

Additionally, I also suggest following the steps below re-install the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery:

Step 1. Go to Device Manager
Step 2. Select Batteries
Step 3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 4. Click Uninstall
Step 5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
Step 6. Shutdown the computer
Step 7: Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in

When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

Step 8. Go to Device Manager
Step 9. Select Batteries
Step 10. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there
Step 11. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

If the issue persists, Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Dear mreese96,

I know this is an older thread, but please have a look at http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-x360-Convertible-Plugge... I've experienced the exact same problem with this model laptop of a customer.  Removing the battery and ACPI components from the hardware management console will not solve this problem, it is an electronics design fault.

As you have already opened your laptop, I trust this solutions will also help you.

Kind Regards,

Nick.

HP Recommended

I had this problem. Another thread suggested updating the bios, which I did.  My flickering light is gone and my computer is charging.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.