Question

Honor Student
BenEllis
Message 1 of 2 (473 Views)

Buy Parts for HP Envy j053ea to install secondary hard disk

I've bought an HP Envy j053ea with a 1TB drive.

I've replaced the 1TB drive with my own 256GB SSD drive but would like to use the existing 1TB drive as a secondary hard disk.

Where can I buy the parts to install a second harddisk (put the existing 1TB drive back into my laptop as a secondary drive if I've bought a SSD as my primary)? 

Student
Bilal3432
Message 2 of 2 (393 Views)

Re: Buy Parts for HP Envy j053ea to install secondary hard disk

Hi' Ellis,
You need an appropriate sata cable and a hard drive caddy bay to set up your secondary hard drive in your HP laptop ENVY J053ea.
You can order this kit online from ebay. This kit is made by Microstorage and its number is 351.
After you have ordered and delievered one for yourself go to youtube and search for by "how to install a 2nd hdd in HP Envy 17 J053ea". You will come across a number of videos jus go through the right one and teach yourself how you going to install your hard drive in your machine. You probably need to order a screw driver aswell if you don't have one already.
I just ordered a kit for myself aswell for £48 from ebay and it is due to be arrive on Thursday 30th Janvary 2014.
Hope this answers your question.

Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation