Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When we are setting the BIOS config during OSD, the TPM activation prompt appears and I cant find any settings that buypasses this behavior. On earlier models there was a BIOS setting called "TPM Activation Policy" and you could set that to "no prompts". That setting seems to be gone on 840 G2. 

Is there any way to buypass this prompt on 840 G2 ?

I see that Z840 also has that problem. 

Arild, Norway.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

NiceGuy.

Is this what you are looking for???

Go to BIOS then click on SECURITY.

Now click on SET SECURITY LEVELS.

Pan down to TPM EMBEDDED SECURITY.

Then click HIDE.

TPM.JPG

Let us know if that works.

REO

HP Recommended

Hello!

No, that is not what I am looking for.

I want to buypass the F1 prompt when activating the TPM during OSD.

Looking for something like this:

TPM Activation Policy
F1 to Boot
Allow user to reject
*No prompts

This is from a earlier BIOS familiy ROM and does not work for 840 G2.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the exact same problem except we have EliteDesk 800 G1's. Our Repset file has all of the recommended settings (I have trimmed this for brevity):

Embedded Security Device

*Device Available

Embedded Security Actication Policy

*No Prompts

Activate Embedded Security Device on next boot

*Enable

OS Management of Embedded Security Device

*Enable

Reset of Embedded Security Device through OS

*Enable

I used a reference machine to get these values, i.e. I manually configured the 1st device and used BCU to grab the configuration. 

During the OSD I am using BCU to set an Admin password 1st. After that I have another step that confirms the boot order and enables the TPM using the directives shown above. Unfortunately the device prompts the installer after the reboot for F1 even though the activation policy is explicity set to "No Prompts".

I haven't tried this yet but someone suggested to set ...

*Disable

I can't see how this would help but it is worth a try.

Any suggestions would be great.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem on EliteBook 820 G2, EliteBook 840 G2 and EliteDesk 800 G1.

If I try:

*Disable

the TPM does not get enabled if you install a fresh device, which has never had TPM active.

Any solution yet?

Cheers

Max

HP Recommended

I've got a solution to this:

Check out:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72014.exe

Release Notes:

VERSION 4.0.13.1

- Fixed the issue where the "TPM Activation Policy" and "TPM Reset to Factory Defaults" settings are not exposed in the repset file.

- Fixed crashing issue when setting a blank repset file

- Fixed crashing issue when setting a repset file in which there is a space in front of last row

(http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_BCU.html)

I used BCU 4.0.13.1 with 840 / 820 G2 Firmware 01.12 and that worked fine.

Cheers

Max

HP Recommended

This does not work with the Elitedesk 800 G2 in my case.

HP Recommended

Hi, did you try the newest BIOS Version, which was released today?

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73957.exe

TITLE: HP EliteDesk 800 G2 System BIOS (N01)
VERSION: 00.02.05 REV: A PASS: 1

I do not have a ED 800 G2, so i cant test it for you.

HP Recommended

Newest bios, newest version of BCU installed. Still fails to get the value that needs to be set, also the setting is nowhere to be found in the bios. Looks like we are gonna have to manually configure TPM settings until HP releases an updated tool or bios.

Just realized there is a compatability list for the latest BCU tool on:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72014.html

Elitedesk 800 G2 is not supported in the tool yet so i assume i have to wait for support. 

The original poster is lucky though as the EliteBook 840 G2 should be.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I can confirm BCU 4.0.13.1 has resolved the issue for me for EliteDesk 800 G1's and EliteBook 840 G2's. We don't have any EliteDesk G2's so I cannot confirm that scenario.

Thanks,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.