Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello dear guys, 

Had a problem today - some keyboard keys didn't work properly. 

I opened the laptop (Pavilion G6 2241sa) cover and saw that keyboard cable was loose. I reconnected it properly, closed the cover and switched laptop on. Now, all  keys are working fine, BUT CAps Lock light is not working well. Key is functioning, but when I press it - the light come on, but as soon as I release the key - the light goes off. Light doesn't stay. Also when the actual function of caps lock is on, when I press any other key the light come on the surface of Caps lock key but it is dim. 

I recheched keyboard cable again - all is fine, but Caps lock light doesn't stay on when pressed. 

I do practice typing for the last 3 months for few hours each day, so I guess it also affects the life span of my keyboard.

Would appreciate any insights about this Caps Lock light. Many thanks, Vit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. But general solutions don't work here I am afraid. 

My inner voice tells me that this is the specif problem inside of the cabling which can not be fixed, maybe only by replacement of keyboard cable or whole keyboard. 

I appreciated your help anyways. My keyboard works, caps lock light is not so important, therefore I will close this question as solves. Cheers, Vit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there @vitsirius 

I understand that the Caps Lock LED is not working, after you had fixed a loose connection to your keyboard.

You may want to walk through this page and see if something may help

Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 😎

Also for your convenience here is the maintenance guide. It is possible when you were working on it one of the of the other connections was loose or became so.
HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. But general solutions don't work here I am afraid. 

My inner voice tells me that this is the specif problem inside of the cabling which can not be fixed, maybe only by replacement of keyboard cable or whole keyboard. 

I appreciated your help anyways. My keyboard works, caps lock light is not so important, therefore I will close this question as solves. Cheers, Vit

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.