Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hello CAG417,

I see your qustion , try the following then   :

Method 1
  1. Click Start , Run , type MSCONFIG in the Open: box, and click OK .
  2. Click the Startup tab, and place a check mark in the Adaptec DirectCD box. (see Figure 1)
    Figure 1: System Configuration Utility
  3. Click Apply , and then click OK .
  4. When prompted to restart the system, click Yes .
  5. After the system restarts, eject the disc.
Method 2
  1. Click Start , and Run .
  2. Type DIRECTCD , in the Open: box, and click OK .
  3. Wait several seconds for the DirectCD software to load into memory, then eject the CD.
Option 2
Eject the DirectCD formatted (locked) disc
A disc that has been formatted with DirectCD is in use by DirectCD while it is in the drive; it cannot be ejected using the DRIVE EJECT button. Use the DirectCD Wizard to eject the disc. This is because DirectCD must write UDF information to the disc before the disc can eject.
Method 1
  1. Right-click the CD drive icon on the task bar.
  2. Select Eject (this will only work for formatted discs).
Method 2
  1. Double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
  2. Right-click the drive letter for the HP CD-Writer drive, and select Eject .
Option 3
Verify that the drive has power. Disconnect and reconnect the power lead or power cord. If the drive is an external model, plug the power directly into a wall outlet rather than to a surge protector. If the drive is an internal model, use a different power lead for the drive.
Option 4
If other CD software is running that can take control of the drive, such as audio players, or possibly other packet writing software, the disc may not eject. Verify that no other CD playing or writing software is running in the background.
Option 5

It may be necessary to manually eject a CD from the HP CD-Writer if the drive door will not open via normal ejection methods. This situation can occur for a number of reasons. Some of the causes can be loss of power to the drive, incorrect insertion of a disc, or an internal mechanical failure inside the HP CD-Writer drive .

if does not help means the systemboard problem

mhejazi@tst-group.org

HP Recommended

HP sent me a new drive when I had the problem and it was solved. 

HP Recommended

good , would tel me what the part number for yur laptop ? , that driver is it found  in hp website ?

thank you

HP Recommended

I had it replaced.  from what I was reading,  the piece that prevents it from ejecting was worn out.  so everytime the computer sent a message to the dvd, it ejected.   The drive itself was only $30, and It was already in the repair shop for the fan being replaced, so no extra labor was charged.   so if you are able to put up with it till you get it fixed for something else, I would wait.  Total price for having the fan and new dvd only $85.  

HP Recommended

I believe it was the same model that came with the computer but obviously re-designed (looked a little different) You should contact HP because they would be able to recommend the replacement.  Unfortunately, I can't pull my laptop apart at the moment. 

HP Recommended

How do I go about getting a replacement DVD drive? I'm experiencing the same issue with my DVD drive popping open at random on my M7-1015DX. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I just had mine replaced.  It was inexpensive.  Had both the fan and disc drive replaced for under $120.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my cd/dvd tray popping open.  Can you give me the necessary info (model # etc.) on the panasonic blue ray that you ordered from Amazon?  Thanks  My laptop is a Pavilion dv6-7020us.

HP Recommended

Hi,

My HP Pavilion dv6-7020us has the same problem with the cd/dvd tray intermittanly popping open.  Can you give me the necessary info (model # etc.) on the Panasonic Blue Ray Player that you ordered from Amazon.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AXW2YQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Panasonic UJ240...you have the same model pc that i have and this drive has been awesome. Good luck!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.