Question

Honor Student
kywoodford
Message 11 of 19 (2,085 Views)

Re: CD got stuck - HP Envy 15

Thanks pfj.....Where do I find the concierge number?  I want to exchange mine too.

kywoodford

pjf Honor Student
Honor Student
pjf
Message 12 of 19 (2,084 Views)

1-800-407-4005 is the Customer Service number for the online store ("HP Home and Home Office" store). That's probably the best place to start. The Home and Home Office people were helpful to me.

You can also try this email address, but unless you have a "service ticket number" already it might not get you a response:

HP Concierge Support <Concierge@hp.com>

Good luck,

- pjf

Student
toxato
Message 13 of 19 (1,941 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sadly most of the manufactured envy's appear to have this problem. The cause is the internal rubber-like upper ceiling which upon ejection pushes the cd back into the drive. I solved this problem by taking thin rod made from hard and non-conductive material ( you can never be sure it wont short circuit :smileyvery-happy: ) and stick it few millimeter up to a centimeter inside the drive opening while pressing against the upper end . While doing this you have to press the eject button and the cd jumps quickly right outside the drive as it is supposed to. This worked every time for me. Otherwise replacing the laptop only gives you a chance of not getting this build defect. The problem is probably due to unproper gluing of the upper dust protector. 

Student
HPBS
Message 14 of 19 (1,911 Views)

Just got this HP Envy 15... Was really happy until I saw this obvious defect in the optical drive. Worse is that it is obvious HP knows about this and is not appropriately taking steps to correct the problem.  I suggest a class action lawsuit... Who is with me?

Student
Mike1357
Message 15 of 19 (1,828 Views)

Hey Guys,

I had the same issue, brand new Laptop and CD wouldn't eject.

The way I fixed it was:

take an old CD or an empty CD (it might get scratched...) and insert it a little bit into the slot and push the dust protection up and work (massage) it a little bit to wear the glue or rubber or whatever it is that is holding the CD back out. This did the job for me, now the CD comes out every time I hit the eject button...

Give it a shot...

Top Student
vamooo
Message 16 of 19 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]

tried using a CD today in my envy, got stuck again.  HP customer service is beyond worthless.

anyone else here still experiencing their cd's getting stuck because of this ridiculous design flaw?

i tried pointing the technicians and even the escalated case managers this and many other threads regarding this issue

{Content Removed}

wondering how many others are still having this issue since HP won't acknowledge it as a "known problem."

Honor Student
icet1986
Message 17 of 19 (1,091 Views)

I still have trouble with it. I just stopped using the CD drive.  It is disappointing that i lose functionality on my very expensive laptop due to their design issues.

Top Student
vamooo
Message 18 of 19 (1,086 Views)

how do you not call support and voice your issues and make them replace it?

Top Student
vamooo
Message 19 of 19 (1,085 Views)

no offense but this is why when i call they tell me there isnt a known problem! for those with issues with this please speak up and call support, the envy 15 has a 2 year warranty!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation