Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey Guys,

I have a Compaq CQ 60 202ED Laptop which is working great and reliable. Last week I received the well known mesage

" HP Battery Alert The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low. For optimal performance, this battery may need to be replaced. Primary (internal) Battery (601) ENTER - Continue Startup For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup.

before Startup.

I 've I replaced the internal CMOS battery but I still receive the message each startup. How can I get rid of this message?

Thxs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Filsurs.

The 601 Internal battery error is misleading.

It is for your main battery not the CMOS battery.

Try removing the main battery and boot with AC only.

REO

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi FILSURS,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you are getting an error message regarding your internal battery. I will be happy to help. Start by restoring the BIOS defaults. This will force the computer to take a look at the hardware and detect the new battery. I have also included two links below to get your main battery to make it is working correctly.

Testing and Calibrating Battery Windows 8

Testing and Calibrating Battery Windows 7

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Filsurs.

The 601 Internal battery error is misleading.

It is for your main battery not the CMOS battery.

Try removing the main battery and boot with AC only.

REO

HP Recommended

BHK6,

Thxs 4 ur reply. will check it this evening.

HP Recommended

REO<

Thxs 2. Will check it this evening. Thxs again

HP Recommended

BHK6, REO,

thxs again. I've tested the batteries with HP assistant and the result was RECALIBRATE. The I started the LT without the main btry installed. No more msg.  t's offiously not the CMOS btry since the Time& Date remains up2date.

Wonder what will happen i 'll reconect the present btry.

Maybe it's time to reconsider changing the main btry.

Thxs again and I believe that this topic can be marked as SOLVED, agreed?

HP Recommended

Fil.

When you buy another battery get OEM.

I never trust China knock-offs.

Thanks for the KUDOS.

REO

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.