CPU not functional - 1 blink of caps and num lock (1090 Views)
Honor Student
amangb
Message 1 of 1 (1,090 Views)

CPU not functional - 1 blink of caps and num lock

I have HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook

It started giving me blank screen with caps lock and num lock blinking, and I went to the HP support and found out that it has something to do with "CPU not functional" thing. I have to say this diagnosis is bogus and on HP site it says I have to contact HP support for this, and when I go to contact HP support they said my warranty has ended so I cannot even send them an email about it except come to this forum again post my grievance. It seems this error is happening to many customers, and if I remember correctly CPU is not something that will go wrong suddenly, maybe the motherboard or battery, but all hardware parts not the CPU. It seems there is a known issue with DV series of notebooks where this blinking is happening. To your surprise I'm now using the same laptop to post this while the lights are still blinking. The best place HP support directed me was either to pay for service or to contact recycling, REALLY? Is this really the award-winning support HP has. I am dismayed with the intricacy the site has in getting your problems heard by HP and get a resolution. So here I am asking for the community forum if they have fixed their laptops after getting the famous "CPU not functional" error.

And now before I submit this, the cpu fan has started to make very scary noises, just like a small motor bike, somebody please help me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation