Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
No can upgrade only 4GB RAM 2gb is already done with this model and u can upgrade 2gb more
thanks
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

You can install 8 gigs total but to save cost you may just want to add a single 2 gig module:

HP Recommended

I am confised now.. Please tell me weather it will support 2x4GB ram or not?

Some replies I am seeing that suggesting 8 GB and some suggesting 4GB in same forum Please reply me with correct one.

If it will support then I want to upgrade it from 2 GB to 8GB.

HP Recommended

Not my fault you are confused. Somebody here (with a User Name similar to yours) is giving confusing information. Yes, yes, your laptop can accept 2 x 4 gig modules. I think the other person was trying to explain if you want to install 2 x 4 you have to discard the 2 gig module you already have, which is true. I suggested that 2 x 4 gigs can be costly and you might be happy just adding a 2 gig to make a total of 4. But if you want, you can install 2 x 4 for a total of 8. I hope that is clear.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

HP Recommended

Yes , I agree with you but than also I need to check weather my laptop have single 2GB currently or it have 2 GB in two slot . If it have  2 GB in  single slot and another slot is empty then only I can use that. 

If it have 2 (2x1) GB then only 1 GB (Slot) can be reusable.

Can I fit 4GB ram (1x4) and in another slot (1x2) GB then it will have 6 GB. Can I do that?

Please suggest

HP Recommended

I seriously doubt it has a 1 gig module, although there is a 1 gig module listed in the parts list so not impossible. 

Use Belarc Advisor. It will tell you how many slots the computer has and what size modules are in each. 

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

You could do 2 + 4 = 6 but the performance will be less because you will not have dual channel. 2 + 2 would likely perform just as well because it would be dual channel. 4 + 4 would, of course be your best configuration. 

HP Recommended

My laptop has 2GB ram. Just want to know if I go with 2+4 GB. Would It be fine Or I should use 2+2 GB.  I am geeting 4GB ram in the same cost of 2 GB, so I am thinking that I can go with 2+4GB . Please suggest

HP Recommended

If the cost is the same or very close get the 4 gig chip.

HP Recommended
  1. Its very close , 2 GB I am geeting $15 and and 4 GB I am getting $20
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.