Question

Tutor
j_dcx
Message 1 of 8 (4,592 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't remove HP Pavilion DV6000 battery

Hi,

I've had HP Pavilion DV6000 for four years by now and have never been able to remove the battery. It is also 2x bigger by size - it kinda acts as a leg for the laptop. My problem is that its switch is stuck on the right side (where the CD rom is) and it's impossible to move it. Also the battery isn't firmly fixed - I can pull it out a bit.

Although there is no problem with its operation, I want to remove it, because I want to change the processor - maybe someone could suggest how I could do it without removing the battery.

I'd seriously appreciate any help

Grad Student
Homerepairman
Message 2 of 8 (4,551 Views)

Re: Can't remove HP Pavilion DV6000 battery

Not going to happen.

You have to remove the battery before you change the CPU.

It may be bound up somehow but your going to have

to remove it whatever you do.

GL

Tutor
j_dcx
Message 3 of 8 (4,540 Views)

Thanks, but I got a solution - the company I bought it from told me it's possible to put a credit card in the back of it, so it gets pushed out of the back pins. And it came out. So this solved

thanks anyway

Intern
lmwh454
Message 4 of 8 (3,589 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is a great tip I will keep in mind, thanks for posting it. I read in other posts to just use more force and that was a bad idea because it broke the latch. I called HP for support since the laptop is under warranty and I was told the battery latch is not covered and that it is tight on purpose, because you are never supposed to remove the battery!  After awhile they agreed to cover it but it is good to know how I can remove it in future without breaking it again. I can't imagine having a laptop that you cannot remove the battery from when you need to. Sheesh.

ps Mine is a DV7

Honor Student
be123
Message 5 of 8 (3,383 Views)

Hey,

Where abouts do you put you card in to get the pins to push the battery out?

Tutor
j_dcx
Message 6 of 8 (3,377 Views)

DSC00985.JPG

The pins are located at the opposite side where the battery switch is. There is a thin line where the battery is aligned at the back of the laptop. Push the card at the middle of it 1 cm deep, and the battery pops out.

Tutor
j_dcx
Message 7 of 8 (3,374 Views)

Sorry, there is a pin in the middle. You have to push the little aside from the middle
Honor Student
be123
Message 8 of 8 (3,372 Views)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! It came free!!!! I had a bigger battery so it wasn't easy either.... :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation