Question

Top Student
SerasAtomsk
Message 1 of 3 (72 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot find Drivers for Windows 8.

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

I just installed Windows 8 on my HDX 16 and I quickly found out the drivers for the network adapters are not installed by default. When I go to HP's website, there are no drivers for Windows 8, just Windows 7. When I tried installing windows 7 drivers, it told me it was the wrong verson. That was for the Ethernet port. For my wifi, it's telling me I need to have .net framework 2.0 or higher, and won't let me install that driver. After making sure I installed the latest version, it still doesn't detect that I have the latest .net. 

I'm not sure why HP does not have support for Windows 8 drivers, so any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Scratch that. It appears to recognize the driver after several restarts.

HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 2 of 3 (35 Views)

Re: Cannot find Drivers for Windows 8.

Hello @SerasAtomsk ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Can you please confirm for me if the issue you have has been resolved of if you are still having problems installing the drivers for your ethernet or wireless adapter?

If you need anything let me know! :smileyhappy:

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
SerasAtomsk
Message 3 of 3 (32 Views)

Re: Cannot find Drivers for Windows 8.

I have resolved the issue. Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation