Change fn+Function key action? (3138 Views)
Student
Cooperphile
Message 1 of 2 (3,138 Views)

Change fn+Function key action?

I have a TX2510us tablet.  Is it possible to change the behavior of the fn+Function keys? For example, I'd like to program the fn+F5 key combination to start my email client.  Possible?

Thanks!

Master's Graduate
CorMit
Message 2 of 2 (3,125 Views)

Re: Change fn+Function key action?

Hello Cooperphile,

I believe it is possible BUT extreamly difficult because you would need to access the Registry and edit the function on how the keyboard operates and like which buttons do what and would be extreamly difficult because if you mess up the wrong thing then the OS could crash and not be able to boot up ...

You can on the other hand, try to create a shortcut to the "Email Client" then go to Edit Shortcut and try to set the key combination how you want it ..

hope the second option works, because I don't know where the exact location is or what to edit in the registry ..

--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation