Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

hi

I've bought a replacement battery for my pavilion dv6000. the seller has told me the battery is an original product but I think isn't. how can I check it?
thanks and sorry for bad english XD

PS: on the left there is the old original battery, the new one is on the right, you can see the box of new battery too.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello RDN_ROXAS,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As you would like to know if the Battery purchased by you is genuine or not, please click on the web link given below should be able to help you to resolve the issue on your unit:

HP Notebook PCs - Purchasing a Replacement Battery

Kindly follow the steps mentioned under the option “Test the Condition of an HP Notebook PC Battery” please select the appropriate Operating System (OS)

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
* Click on "Purple Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!

Regards
Ahmed
HP Recommended

the page on the link posted says me only how to calibrate the battery.

HP Recommended

Hey RDN,

HP batteries are made by many different manufacturers when new.  I don't think real vs. fake is meaningful at this point in the lifecycle of your dv6000.  Any battery made for that model by HP would be a few years old by now and probably have very little capacity left.

If the new battery works, keep using it.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

it is meaningful because I want to give back this battery because it has a very low capacity but the seller doesn't accept return but if I can demonstrate he gave me a fake battery when he told me it's original I can have a full refund and not a partial refund.

HP Recommended

It is a fake battery. As you can see it is missing the UL listed logo. I also received a fake Mu06 a while ago and was able determine it was fake by missing certificates and the battery did not fit the laptop smoothly. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.