Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (178 Views)

Chromebook

Hello, 

I have recently purchased a chromebook and need some help setting a few things up.

I would like to download itunes, skype however they were unable to download.

I know chromebooks don't have an operating system therefore I can use google docs to make and edit documents.

I have always been an apple user but I swtiched over to HP because I am fairly familiar with the brand since I use at work.

I am regreting my chromebook purchase because I didn't think I would need to use different applications in the chrome store. Please help!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Mobile Apps Development - December 2013 to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

Highlighted
Grad Student
Message 2 of 2 (150 Views)

Re: Chromebook

Hello gaspard618...

I'm sorry that you have some usability concerns with your new Chromebook.

As you know, Chromebooks are designed to function within Google's architecture - and applications like iTunes and Skype are not available.  Fortunately, Google understands these concerns and has provided some alternatives:

The environment is definitely different, but is worthwhile... stable, secure, and a lot for your money!  And as it grows in popularity, application support will probably increase.

I hope this helps.  Good luck!

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

• If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
  • If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the Kudos star!

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

* If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
* If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the "thumbs up" icon to give me Kudos!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation