Question

Honor Student
FishyJ
Message 1 of 2 (149 Views)

Clickpad on my HP ENVY 17-j161ea Leap Motion TS SE Bad ClickPad (TouchPad / MousePad).

Hello,

I recently added a hard drive to put in the 2nd bay of this laptop. However to to this you need to take out the metal plate in that bay in order to slot in the 2nd drive. This is secured by 3 screws and is very easy to remove.

Having done this I attached the 2nd drive, secured the exterior base cover and turned on the laptop.

Great - The laptop found the 2nd hard drive.

Not great - the clickpad (aka touchpad) moves the cursor pointer, but you cannot click on anything..... Wonderful...

So I power off the laptop and take out the 2nd hard drive and replace the metal plate..... Surely this will fix the problem.....

Nope... despite putting it back as it was, the clickpad is now very difficult to use.

Moving the mouse across the desktop selects, and moves items that I just wanted to move over.

I’ve tried changing the setting for Synaptics Point Device (v17.0.8) for the Clickpad in various ways, I even tried the default settings.

In the end I’ve had to turn off most (if not all) of the nice features around gestures in order to tame the thing.

Don’t know why the metal plate is needed, never come across this with other laptops I’ve had. Don’t see why it should be necessary here either, but it apparently does something which I cannot yet quite ‘tweak’

Very annoying…

Ideas anyone?

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 2 (119 Views)

Re: Clickpad on my HP ENVY 17-j161ea Leap Motion TS SE Bad ClickPad (TouchPad / MousePad).

Hi FishyJ,

I saw your post regarding the problems with the TouchPad and I will be happy to help. I would suggest that you reinstall your Synaptics TouchPad Driver. This is the driver for Windows 8.1 if you are using a different operating system please let me know.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation