HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-10-2012 04:26 AM
1. Product Name and Number
• Compaq Presario CQ61-320SA
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Windows 7 Home Pre 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
> Unable to turn on the laptop.. 'Power' light flashing all the time.. AC Adapter light turned on at the socket where its plugged in..
> Bizarrely, Laptop is not turning on without battery and only AC adapter plugged in.. no lights except the AC adapter light at the socket..
> RAM.. :/ Removed 'both', cleaned them, swapped slots.. used just one (both modules in both the slots individually)
> My battery replacement part number is: 484170-001.. just to give an idea what kind of battery i might be having..
1) My first question is, Does my laptop model work with only AC plugged in with out battery? IF so does that mean my laptop system board died on me?
2) Can I order a board on my own? does it have to be the same model number? or may be a different similar board that may be cheaper?
3) or is it just the power jacket or slot issue?
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Always runs hot at about 80 to 85 Deg C.
Much appreciated of your time.