Question

Top Student
natalie_deans
Message 1 of 7 (9,072 Views)

Compaq Presario CQ61 graphic card?

Hi,

was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on updating the graphics on my Presario CQ61.

I was given a Nvidia GeForce 1GB DDR2 graphic card for my birthday when I started moaning about the graphics on my laptop and was wondering if this would be compatible with my system?

If not could anyone reccommend what I'm looking for?

Cheers

Natalie

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 7 (9,068 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario CQ61 graphic card?

no you can sell that desktop graphics card...no place to put it in the laptop sorry to say and there is no updating the graphics by any means that is possible.
Top Student
natalie_deans
Message 3 of 7 (9,057 Views)

**bleep**. I use Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects and I just need something to make it run a bit smoother. Is there anything that I could get for my laptop that would do that?

Thanks for your help

Provost
Huffer
Message 4 of 7 (9,032 Views)

not really assuming you have at least 2 gigs of main system memory. An update to Windows 7 or a downgrade to Windows XP also might help. Make sure you have the latest video drivers, too. You do not give us the exact model number so I am not sure whether you have the AMD or Intel version.
Top Student
natalie_deans
Message 5 of 7 (9,026 Views)

It's the intel version I've got. I've been thinking of upgrading to Window 7 for a while.

Thanks for your help

Student
Saninder
Message 6 of 7 (5,211 Views)

Hi, I have CQ61. well now it is burning in just half an hour od running. please advice me

Student
esekruzzz
Message 7 of 7 (4,351 Views)

it sucks to have a 64mb video card on this system too bad. i didn't know that was why my softwares were running slow. i thought it was just about ram and processor speed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation