Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

OK, I started the battery test by using HP Support Assistant. After several minutes, it said that the battery was weak. It is interesting that the HP System Diagnostic ("F2") says almost immediately that the battery needs to be replaced. The battery is maybe not as good as a new one but it is lasting quite acceptable time. I do not have exact times to compare, so I cannot tell how weak it is. The HP Support Assistant might be correct.

I am now performing manual calibration of the battery. I already fully discharged the battery by running HP System Diagnostics HDD test. Now I am charging the battery and then I'll keep it attached to power source over night (as described on the page you gave me).

It is interesting that the steps for running the battery test are different based on the test method. The HP System Diagnostics says about starting the system on battery only, asking for plugging in the power cord before the last battery test button while the HP Support Assistant says about running the test without additional pre-steps. However, I do not think this is important nor it makes any difference.

There is one thing I recall... when I used the faulty power supply, it sometime worked for some time. When it worked and I started the HP System Diagnostics battery test then it was running for several minutes, once even for about 1 hour, then it was cancelled probably because of power adapter malfunction. I believe that something was changed after the BIOS update. Anyway, if the battery test failure is the only problem then it is not critical. I can live with that 🙂

HP Recommended
Hello ace960

Let me know how the calibration goes. As you mentioned that faulty power supply may have had a problem mid calibration.

Glad I was able to help. Did you have any more questions?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

The calibration process (discharge, charge) went OK. The battery tests ended with same result (i.e. System Diagnostics say "replace", Support Assistant says "weak"). I have no more questions. Thank you for you assistance.

HP Recommended
Hi I have a similar problem, but my computer turns on but I'd say 70% of the time the actual laptop screen doesn't turn on but I can hear the laptop on, the fan goes loud then quiet 3-5 seconds after, then the power button flashes a white light as I can also hear a click aswell as a laser type sound when I put my ear right next to the click, which seems to becoming from the laptop where the wifi card is located, I don't know what the problem is can you help please? I have a conpaq CQ62
HP Recommended

Hello @Mick3470 ,

I understand your computer will not start properly. I will do my best to assist you with this issue! To troubleshoot, please try the steps in this HP document: Computer Does not Start

This document contains steps such as resetting the notebook and more, corresponding to the exact symptoms. I believe this document will resolve the issue.

If not, then based on what you stated, I would contact HP phone support for hardware assistance. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for bringing this issue to the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.