Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I managed that Transcend 4260 cards is better that 4240...

http://www.thessdreview.com/daily-news/latest-buzz/transcend-announces-mts-series-m-2-ssds-512gb-cap...

So I request adapter that will allow me to try to install 60mm card to  840 G1

It is m.2 to mSATA adapter http://www.ebay.com/itm/261939710793?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I will try to use it as m.2 SSD before purchase 60mm card.

Plan:

remove crew hole from 40mm position and solder it to 60mm. Check with adapter instead of m.2 SSD.

will keep you posted.

HP Recommended

@MaxIT

Hello i want to put the same Transcend as you have in my 840G2 in the SSD Slot (not the WWAN)

You write "disable m.2 and swithc to raid".

When you installed Windows 10.

Did you switch the Settings in Bios from Raid back to AHCI? And did you aktivated Bios Option Boot from SSD M.2?

Or must it always stay in RAID and Boot m.2 SSD off?

I want also put a HDD in Book

What do you do exactly?

Can you help me.

Best Regards Mike from Germany

HP Recommended

Result:

2260 may be installed, but existed screw-hole should be removed.

I haven't managed to unsolder it =(

Suggest to install 2260 with rubber plate to not to contact metal.

Should be fixed by plastic elements near slot.

For now I didnt install SSD, just tried with M2 to Sata adapter.

HP Recommended

UPDATE

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/m.2-ngff-ssd-compatibility-list.html

Elitebook G1 is ngff m2 SATA  size 2242

Elitebook G2 is ngff m2 PCIe size 2260

thus no superfast (2GB/sec) NVMe for G1, but 6Gbit/8= 750MB/s max teorical speed (then you have to count flow control overhead, etc)

HP Recommended

Question regarding the memory upgrade for sirgap: did you fix the memory module using a screw? What kind did you use?

Cheers,

HP Recommended

I see the card has two pin gaps at one end.  My HP Elitebook 840 G1 laptop slot has one pin, not two. I think the second gap will be blocked because the second pin will block it.

I am confused when I see all these M.2 2242 cards have two pin slots.   Is everybody saying this 2-pin gap cards will go into this one-pin slot?

HP Recommended

Hi i have an Hp Elitebook 840 G1 with bios version 2.7 and windows 10, it was easy to install the drive. I bought a Teamgroup m.s. SSD 256GB SATA III. Opened the casing of the latop, slide the ssd card in, and fastened it with a screw i still had( it doesn't come with the drive). Then i started the laptop.

Then the tricky part( i have a dutch version of windows), windows start, program group system, configurationscreen, systemmanagement, partitions... (in dutch: start, systeem, configuratiescherm, systeembeheer, partities op harde schijf ...)

Right Click on the new drive(238,47Gb) and select New simple volume. next, next, next etc. And then you see the drive in the explorer. No BIOS changing nessecary.

Use Easetodobackup(still free) to clone your total startup drive (so not only C: but also system reserved, recovery partitions). This is to have no problems when you try to boot from the new drive. If you don't, the drive will not start.

Then starup the laptop and press F9. select the m.2 drive as the startup drive. It will start(very fast) No more sleep mode nessecary this m.2 starts up just as fast so no more hyberfill file.

Now you have two c and d drives. Format the former C and d and you are finished.DONT FORMAT THE NEW C AND D!

Result, a very fast starting laptop and some additional file space on this very good working laptop(autocad/Inventor)

HP Recommended

Hmm after reading my post i have to add something. Before formating your 😧 drive, first copy all data. Your C: drive is already cloned

HP Recommended

Hi all,

in my 840 G1 i have this connector > see picture <

20170428_000621.jpg

An idea ?

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.