Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)
Accepted Solution

Continuous fan noise from new HP 15-D014tu notebook

Hi,

Today I received a brand new HP notebook (actually a replacement for one bought a week ago which had a faulty network card in it) and it was running quietly for most of the day but after unplugging it and taking it to another room tonight I can now hear the fan running constantly, it's not loud enough to be heard when music is playing but quite audible when not playing music or anything.  

Should I be concerned with this because as I said, for the rest of the day it's been nice and quiet.  It's also pretty annoying as I'm not always listening to music!

Accepted Solution

Re: Continuous fan noise from new HP 15-D014tu notebook

Update - ending up phoning HP Tech support who sent system BIOS update through which has completely fixed the noisy fan issue, is now quiet again.  

View solution in context
Highlighted
Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (116 Views)

Re: Continuous fan noise from new HP 15-D014tu notebook

Update - ending up phoning HP Tech support who sent system BIOS update through which has completely fixed the noisy fan issue, is now quiet again.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation